To be alive - Part 3

Akinari was remained in the hospital by the insistence of his doctor and his family , with his notebook in hand he sat down to complete his story . The white halls were sickeningly bright , they robbed him of the desire to write . In the end , Akinari could only stare at the the notebook , and remember when the twins asked him about the ending . This book is his life , and the only possible ending he could think of was the end of his life , but by the time that happens he was sure he could never write it if he had the strength to even want at that moment . Just thinking was making him even more depressed , so he made his way out of the room .

As he walked around the hospital corridors , he saw the many people suffering from Apathy syndrome and their families . He was surrounded by death wherever he looked , and he wished he was out there in the shrine , with the twins on each side watching him write . His chain of grim thoughts was cut when he heard weak coughing . He turned at just the right moment to see a petite girl supporting herself with the wall of the hospital , coughing and breathing with difficulty . He wondered if the two of them had the same illness , but then he noticed the nurses and doctors giving her a lot more attention , by giving her toys that consisted of rubic cubes and other puzzles.

" excuse me ... who is that ? " Akinari asked one of the staff cleaning in the corridor

" oh ... that's Alina Nanjo ... her family's riches is only rivaled by the Kirijo family " the worker responded " but to see her being treated in a a Kirijo hospital shows that they are desperate to find a cure "

" I heard they even took her to Britain to find a cure for her illness ! " another worker that was within earshot said " I wonder if that was why they're giving her all this attention ? "

" no ... you wouldn't believe this , but the doctors in Britain found out that her disease is directly related to her emotions " the first worker replied grimly " being depressed could literally kill her , can you imagine that ?! "

At that point , Akinari disconnected himself from that conversation , and his eyes observed the little girl that was being escorted back to her room . She looked older than Maiko , but also definitely much younger than the twins . She seemed that young , and yet she had such a crippling disease so early in life . The girl seemed pale and weak , maybe not as much as he did , but one notable difference was that she didn't seem as depressed as he was . In his mind his conversation with the hospital staff resurfaced , and he remembered how they said her disease could be fatal if she let her emotions go out of control , but how can one possibly trick themself into being cheerful like that ??? Overwhelmed with curiosity , Akinari had to speak to her .

The pink alligator woke up one morning to the horrifying truth that she had swallowed her only friend , the little bird

The pink alligator woke up one morning to the horrifying truth that she had swallowed her only friend , the little bird . In her extreme hunger , she unwillingly took the life of the only creature who acknowledged her . She was distraught , she anxiously tried to regurgitate him out , but to no avail . In her entire life , she had been helplessly trying to hunt for preys , and in the end the one prey she managed to eat was the one she didn't want to , her only friend .