Minato Arisato - Part 5

Back in the velvet room , Igor sat in his chair all alone , as the elevator ascended to where no one knows. His eyes were closed , and the grin on his face never faltered . His chanting seemed to echo from nowhere and everywhere in the velvet room , as if the room itself was chanting for him .

" Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey, one is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, treasured by those who bid him farewell. But alas, now my guest's life has ended, his tale left unwritten..."

One of the doors to the velvet room was opened , and a glaring Elizabeth entered the room . Igor's grin grew slightly wider as he saw her , and he even chuckled when she stood before him .

" where is Theodore ? "

" he said he wanted to be left alone " Elizabeth replied

" and yet here you are . Do you have something to discuss with me ? "

" I want to retrieve our lost guest " she said firmly

" that is surprising " Igor chuckled again " I had thought higher of you than that , Elizabeth . You know the rules of this velvet room "

" that we merely watch over our guests and their growth in strength . Our sole goal is to guide them through their journey and assist them in mastering their powers . Whether they use their power to bring about peace or chaos , or even their demise , is not our concern "

" and yet you stand before me and offer such an outrageous request "

" forgive me for speaking out of tone and overstepping my boundaries , master " Elizabeth earnestly interrupted " but our guests have displayed nothing but irregularities in their journey , and it was clear our old principles were not fit to judge them , that master Philemon himself descended to bring his judgement on them at some point ! They have been a walking exception and an extraordinary pair of guests in every second we spent watching over them , continuing to surpass our expectations with every second they were alive and breathing , surely we can make just one exception for their cause , can't we ? "

" Elizabeth ... you're giving in control to your emotions " Igor rested his forehead on the back of his hands , so his facial expressions became invisible to her " this is unbecoming of being an assistant in the velvet room "

" I am ashamed of myself , and I am willing to accept and endure the consequences , but ... "

" know this , even should we make an exception for them , resurrection of a lost life is beyond the power of even Master Philemon himself . Once our guests die , it is all over "

" .... I understand " Elizabeth finally submitted

" I will overlook your outburst this once , but don't you dare forget your place ever again "

" yes ... master ... " Elizabeth turned from Igor and walked away .

" Hehehehe ... I see ... " Igor grin as Elizabeth left the room " even after death , those two continue to impress me . How I wish there was a fitting exception for them ... I am ashamed of myself for thinking like that ... "