Distant hearts

Shinjiro sat in the corner of the back alley of the station , with his hand on his mouth muffling his persistent coughing . He wondered if the the long time he had spent since the last time he used his Persona made him weak , or if it was something else . As he saw three figures approaching him , he murmured " shit , here we go again ... " and stood up . Facing the guy with glasses , the shirtless tattooed guy and the girl in maid outfit

" it's been a while , friend " the shirtless guy said

" you have what I need ? " Shinjiro glared at him

" catch " he tossed a pouch

" thanks " Shinjiro snatched " I'll pay you the usual way—"

" we don't need your cash now , Teksas " The guy in glasses said " information will suffice now "

" what do you want ? "

" those freaks with Personas , your friends , you know what they've been up to ? "

" what ? " Shinjiro looked behind him before turning to the guy in glasses " you're talking to me ? "

" damn straight I'm talking to you , asshole ! Give me a straight answer if you know what—"

" don't lose it , I have nothing to hide " Shinjiro shrugged " you're asking the wrong guy , they mean nothing to me anymore , and don't go labeling us as 'friends' ... whatever that word means "

" you saved them " the girl said

" I saved a girl being attacked by shadows . Hell if I knew she was with them . What do you want with them anyway ? "

" this has nothing to do with ... ! "

" they're trying to end the Dark Hour and the Tower Of Demise with it , because they apparently don't appreciate their powers as much as we do "

" well you're just wasting your time with me , I know nothing and I couldn't possibly give less shit about them nor your dildo of demise or whatever "

" you'd better stuff it into you rock of a brain , Shinjiro ! Those guys are going down , and you don't want to be on the losing side ! Be smarter than this "

" are you done ? Then leave , you sight is sickening "

The next morning , Shinjiro's solitude was interrupted yet again

The next morning , Shinjiro's solitude was interrupted yet again . He sighed as he saw Akihiko approaching him again . For a while Akihiko sat near him without saying a word .

" my answer is still no " Shinjiro said

" I'm not here for that " Akihiko said " I wanted to thank you for saving my friends "

" don't go thinking I'll return to your mess just cuz of what happened that night "

"  you know , we weren't always like this ... remember when you and me used to fight with Miki as a judge between us ? Back then we thought we had all the time in the world ... "