Aigis - Part 4

Minato looked at the Reaper pulling its huge gun and pointing it at him , he wanted to call Valkyrie and Oberon again , but the very idea caused him severe headache . The Reaper unleashed a volley of shots at Minato who could only raise his sword and block with it as his inevitable end came at a horrifyingly fast speed . Then ...

" Paladion ! "

Aigis hugged Minato and took all the hits in his place , while her Persona tackled the Reaper . Without Orgia Mode , Paladion could only hold the Reaper for a few seconds before the Reaper pummeled it to the floor , but that was more than enough for Aigis to lift Minato and jump so high she landed right on the stairs . While airborne , Minato stared at Aigis with confusion , here eyes were fixated forward and her expressions conveyed nothing , just like a robot , but she acted on her own to protect him , something unnatural for a robot ...

This can't be just a glitch in the human recognition doohickey ! Minato thought .

As she gently placed the confused Minato on the stairs , she turned to the charging Reaper and called her Persona again . Keeping it occupied until they were out of harms way .

" Aigis ... when did you ... ?! "

" my cooling sequence has finished when Minato-san tripped in front of Reaper.exe "

" I ... I see ... thank you ... "

" I apologize for the delay . The cooling sequence does not take more than three to five minutes under normal circumstances . However , extra time was needed to repair the damage caused by Ziodyne_23001 "

" uh ... what ? "

" it is commonly known as lightning "

" I see ... well , I'm glad you're fine . Let's meet up with the others now "

" understood "

As soon as the team met , Minako immediately rushed to her brother and hugged him before checking him intently

As soon as the team met , Minako immediately rushed to her brother and hugged him before checking him intently . Then she back away with a satisfied smile .

" looks like you won't be getting the bulge barrage punishment this time , bro bro !"

" bulge ... what ? " Yukari said confusedly

" don't bother asking , Yukari " Minato said , before advancing forward " more importantly , we need to get going "

" hey , may ! " Junpei objected " we've busted our asses off this night , why can't we just find a portal and ... "

" do you know where we could find one ? " Minato asked , and as Junpei remained silent he nodded " thought so ... with the repeated ambushes I thought we could retreat and think of a plan , but the Reaper blocked the way to the portal . We have no choice but to hope that we can use the portal of the next floor "

" what about the F.O.E ? " Akihiko asked " despite how small it is , it was a troublesome bastard throughout the whole night ! "

" I'm still working on that part ... I would've let Fuuka scan it , but the constant ambushes meant we needed her almost constantly ... "