Innocence - Part 1

Minako and Saori stood in the faculty office , feeling as if they were robbed of their senses of the world around them . Especially Saori , who was clutching a newspaper article in her hand , her eyes were intensely focused on it , but she wasn't reading it , and even if she had been , she weren't comprehending it . She felt that she was living through the biggest paradox of her life .

" how the future of our students is lost in the alleyways without proper education " Mr. Ekoda was fuming as he referred to the title , and a picture which was clearly of Saori , despite the eyes being blocked off " that's you in the picture , isn't it ?!! "

" I ... I don't... I don't understand ... " Saori was shocked beyond words " this interview ... these questions ... I never answered any of them !!! "

" no ?! Is this article a lie then ?! " Mr. Ekoda slammed his hand on the table " we've already lost a student to thugs before . First that troublemaker Shinjiro and now you ! Do you have any idea how much you all sullied the name of Geggokan ?! "

" now hold on just a minute ! " Minako interrupted " neither Saori nor Shin-cha—I mean ... Aragaki senpai ... had done anything of the sort ! "

" oh , and the public is going to take your word for it , of course ! Do you know how many witnesses we have who claim that Saori seduced and even slept with boys from this school , other schools and even TEACHERS to satisfy her needs ?!! " Mr. Ekoda angrily hushed her , before turning to Saori and continuing his enraged momentum " an example should be made of such delinquents like you , Hasagawa ! You'd better start saying goodbye to your friends , if you had any , because I will personally ensure that you ARE EXPELLED !!! "

" No ! " Minako exclaimed " I'm not gonna let you do that ! "

" well , you'd better give me a good reason for that , unless you're also involved in this controversy ! "

" how ... how did you reach that conclu—?! "

" you'd better believe you're getting expelled with her of we found out you're doing the same heinous actions ! In fact , don't think your reputation is that clean yourself ! "

" I ... what ... ?! " Minako wasn't sure where to begin with that statement , but she decided to focus on the more pressing issue , deciding to boldly exclaim " I don't trust the investigation that the faculty has conducted , which is why I the student council will investigate this further ! "

 ?! " Minako wasn't sure where to begin with that statement , but she decided to focus on the more pressing issue , deciding to boldly exclaim " I don't trust the investigation that the faculty has conducted , which is why I the student council wi...

While Minako was granted permission to investigate , much to Mr. Ekoda's dismay , the situation wasn't exactly favorable to her or Saori . The public was demanding a response from the school regarding the newspaper article that depicted Saori , and so Minako was only given two days to investigate. The evidence against Saori was damning , and there were piles of rumors to add on top of it . In fact , Saori's reputation had sunken so deep before she or Minako could have realized , that when they left the faculty office , they could feel the other students glaring daggers at them . They could only try to leave the school as quickly as possible, so they made their way for the station.