In love with a teacher - part 2

The two girls had been playing tennis for a while now , and they both seemed to be running on the very last bit of stamina they had left . Rio smacked the ball across the field , far away from Minako's reach . It seemed she was going to score another deuce , but then she was shocked to see Minako jumping toward the ball and smacking it . Rio desperately ran toward the ball , but she wasn't prepared for Minako to shot it back and she couldn't make it in time .

" that was in ! " Minako exclaimed " wasn't it ?! "

" yes it was " Rio panted " you did it , Minako ! "

" I did ... I DID IT !!!! " Minako screamed at the top of her lungs , before running toward Rio . She was so thrilled she didn't pay attention to her footing and she stumbled and fell .

" h—hey ! Be careful ! " Rio ran to check on her " are you okay ? "

" I'm fine ... you didn't hold back this time , did you ? "

" I didn't ... every muscle I had was in the game and you still won , Minako ! Congratulations ! "

The two girls when and sat on the bench . Rio set out to treat Minako's scraped knee , lamenting Minako's carelessness while playing . When it came down to it , though , they were both happy for Minako's win . Minako was thrilled that she was finally a bonafide tennis player even if she was still not a professional player , and Rio was satisfied as it turned out her strict training habits actually payed off . Minako was the living breathing proof that she was right .

" oh ... you girls are done practicing ? "

A boy spoke as he approached them . Minako recognized him as the guy who sat behind her during the exam and tried cheating off of her , and it seemed Rio recognized him too , as she stood up and responded " Kenji ? "

 Minako recognized him as the guy who sat behind her during the exam and tried cheating off of her , and it seemed Rio recognized him too , as she stood up and responded " Kenji ? "

" you know him ? " Minako asked

" he's my childhood friend " Rio said casually

" how's life treating you , ladies ? Is Miss Kanou around ? "

" Miss Kanou ? She's not around , have you seen her , Minako ? "

" nope ... have you checked the faculty office ? "

" yeah ... but she wasn't there , either . I figured she would be here since she was the manager of the club "

" I wouldn't count on " Minako hid her cringing with a quick laugh " even when she was supposed to introduce me as a new club member she barely remained a minute here . I bet she doesn't even know anything about tennis "

" well ... I don't see why she would bother herself with a children's game "

" children's ... what ?! " Rio yelled at Kenji

" I'm kidding ... don't waste your beautiful face like that ! "

" d—don't joke about stuff like that , you moron ! Anyway , she's not here . For all I know she's probably left "