Shinjiro Aragaki - Part 5

Start from the beginning

" damn it ! " Minato groaned " we've grown stronger since last time , but what's the point if anything we do is useless ?! "

The situation wasn't any better for Minako , either . For some reason , any attack her team dealt to the shadow on her end seemed to have no lasting effects . The shadow was weak to all elements and physical attacks , yet they couldn't knock it down , and even though it would flinch and wince from their attack which would mean they were making progress , the shadow would still recover just as quickly to fight them back . Even worse , her team seemed to be greatly weakened by unknown reasons , and the shadow seemed to get stronger as the battle progressed .

" everyone ! Be careful ! " Fuuka exclaimed " I think I figured the coordination between the two shadows ! The Fortune shadow has some kind of pachinko-like mechanic , and apparently if we leave it to work automatically , it always triggers an advantage for the shadows ! "

" Fortune shadow , so I guess it's Arcana isn't for show " Junpei pondered

" so we should operate this machine manually to stop it at a place that hurts them ! " Mitsuru concluded

" lemme see here " Minato found the lever

However , when Minato stopped the machine , his sister and her team was struck by a Magidoloan spell that hurt them greatly . Minato tried again , and this time he managed to stun the strength shadow while using it , giving his sister and her team plenty of time to deal a great damage to the shadow , and her brother also noticed that the Fortune shadow seemed to malfunction and break as they picked a bad luck for the shadow . The seemed to be on the right track , but retaliation , the strength shadow waved its hand around , and a powerful storm blew the members of SEES away from it .

" Minato ! "

" I got it ! " Minato looked at the Fortune shadow , but was shocked to see it was nowhere around " what the ... ?! Where did it go ?! "

" I ... I believe it's still in front of you , Minato ! "

" so you're saying it's now invisible ?! How am I meant to do this ?! " Minato tried to stop the machine , but sure enough he ended up fully healing the Strength Shadow in the process " it's just impossible ! "

" I have an idea ! " Minako exclaimed " Incubus ! "

" Akihiko senpai ! " Yukari suggested " try using your Persona to increase Minato's speed "

" okay "

Minako's Persona reduced the speed of the Fortune shadow , and Akihiko increased Minato's speed , giving him a better chance at succeeding . At first , he still made a mistake and lowered his friends' defense , but the second time he pulled it off and managed to stun the Strength shadow , and the result of that was the destruction of the Fortune shadow . This time , his team joined Minako and they equally fought until they finished it off .

" we did it !!! " Minako announced " only one shadow left ! " .

" that was tiring ! " Minato groaned " after this , I'm sure ready to hit the pillow "

————————————

" you came " Ken glared at Shinjiro under the light of the moon , as he clutched his spear in his hand " I was expecting you to stick to the operation ? "

" the leader decided that I won't participate in this fight " Shinjiro said nonchalantly

" do you know why I asked you to meet me here ? "

" I have a hunch , but I'd like to hear it from you "

" two years ago , on this night , my mother was killed . They passed it off as an accident as everything else that happened during the Dark Hour , but it wasn't an accident ! I saw the whole thing ! You murdered her ! And because it happened during the Dark Hour , nobody convicted you for what you've done ! "