Velvet Bond - Part 2

Începe de la început

" the fountain of wishes , it is the equivalent of the concept of give and take in the velvet room ... by choosing to part with your money , a wish may be granted to you "

" that's a load of bull that nobody actually believes "

" oh ... I've always wanted to try it " Elizabeth said , while ignoring Minato's remark , before taking out a stuffy purse that was so full it became as big as a handful .

" what the ... ?! " Minato nearly jumped as he saw it in her hand " what are you ... ?! "

" oh ... this is the money you payed for summoning from the compendium since you became a resident of the velvet room . I plan to donate a total of 500000 yen "

" you've got to be kidding ... ! "

Elizabeth was faster than Minato , as she immediately opened the purse and started pouring the coins into the fountain like a waterfall of money . People around her began staring at her with shock and confusion . She didn't stop pouring the money until the purse was completely empty . And to add insult to injury she gasped , saying that she forgot to make a wish in her excitement . Minato felt as if his hard earned money was set on fire before his eyes .

" alright ... I'm done ! " Minato immediately walked away

" wait ! Where are you going ? "

" shut up ! I'm not hanging out with a crazy bitch like you even if my life depended on it !!! " Minato yelled at her " frankly , I don't have to , since I got my freedom ! "

" oh , but you promised ... "

" to take you on a walk , and we walked twenty steps ... done ! Even if that wasn't enough , we agreed that you stay close , but you didn't ! You breached our contract so there's no promise between you and me , now be a good girl and leave me the hell alone !!! "

Minato stormed away from her , while grumbling and cursing in his mind , lamenting how unlucky he is to end up with an assistant like Elizabeth meanwhile Minako lucked out with Theodore . He decided to go to the shrine and jiggle a soccer ball to clear his mind for a while , and after that he went back to Iwatodai station . There , he saw Elizabeth descending an ascending escalator , occasionally bumping into people and shoving them around as she desperately tried to reach the ground . Finally she did , and as she knelt on her knees to catch her breath she realized Minato was standing in front of her .

" and what are you doing now ? " Minato glared at her .

" dear passengers " someone spoke through intercom of the station " please refrain from ascending the down escalator and ascending the up escalator , thank you "

" that was the escalator of rumors ! " Elizabeth breathed " a stairway that only the brave and determined can ride it through—"

" didn't you hear what that intercom doohickey said earlier ?! Escalators are meant to facilitate movement in cities , not to provide a challenge for a retarded delusional girl with eighth grade syndrome ! "

" that is true ... minus the girl part ... and yet can you deny how thrilling the challenge of an escalator is ? "

" that's ... well ... I'll be lying if I say I don't " Minato sighed , remembering that he also tried it as a kid , seeing Elizabeth's excitement which reminded him of vague memories of his excitement back when he was still a kid made him finally take sympathy into watching her actions , so he decided to start this day with her from the beginning " I can tell that you're having the time of your life , but you're wasting it on things that are , for the lack of a better word , boring . I mean ... a fountain ? An escalator ? We all take this stuff for granted , nobody cares about it . You're missing out on more amazing stuff this city has to offer "