Reception with some crazy moments.💙

Everyone got to the reception hall which was pretty small because we didn't invite more than fifty people.

Cody: I'm glad I married you Sarah. I couldn't let you go again.
Me: I know Code, I am glad I married you also.
Cody: Corey always told me you should marry someone who is permanent in your heart not temporary. You were the first person I thought about who took me as I am and who helped me see the world through new eyes.
Me: Honestly, I'm glad.
Cody: We should go sit back down now before both of our parents worry about us.
Me: That would be a good idea.

As we went to sit back down Aaron and Sabrina came over to us and they said they wanted to talk to us.

Aaron: Hey guys.
Sabrina: Yep hey.
Cody: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Sabrina: We were wondering if we could say something after Corey and Kike talk with Kershaw.
Cody: Yeah that's fine. You guys can. Sarah is it ok?
Me: Don't see why not.
Cody: Just make it positive.
Me: Yes please. We don't need any drama.
Aaron: Trust me guys it is positive news.
Me: Okay.
Cody: Okay.

As Corey, Kersh, and Kike walked up to the DJ to get the mic they were all smiles knowing what they were going to say was going to make everyone smile.

Kike: Hi everyone, I'm Kike and these are my two friends Clay and Corey.

Everyone starts laughing because Cody and I knew that Kike always had to make a grand entrance no matter what was going on through his head.

Kike: We wanted to say congrats to not only our best friends Sarah and Cody but to the future they are going to have together with their amazing kids. When Cody told me he had Sarah at the palm of his hand I didn't believe it because I knew how Sarah was the biggest Yankee fan and I knew she wouldn't ever go near a guy that didn't love the Yankees. Then when Sarah told me she knew Cody a lot longer than we have it shocked me to how much she knew about him and how much she loved him. I knew it was love when I saw them together because the way Sarah looked at Cody is the way Mariana looks at me every single day. So I just wanted to say I hope you guys have a happy and healthy marriage and I love you both so much.

Kersh was next....

Kersh: When Sarah came up to Ellen and I the first time the Yankees came to Dodgers Stadium I knew she had this spark in her eyes when I saw her talking to Cody. She was happily married to Aaron at the time and then she told me that she had two kids with him I thought about what would happen to her long term. I went to speak to my wife and she told me these very words, "That spark says something hun" I didn't know what she was talking about until I saw the spark for myself and I knew right away that Sarah was made for him. She treated Cody like he was just this wonderful guy not the hot shot baseball guy everyone else knows. She saw him for who he was and not what legacy he has. I hope you two have a wonderful life together and if you need any guidance you can always come to us. We love you both. 🥰

Corey was the last to speak.....

Corey: When Sarah called me over that one day after her and Cody's breakdowns I told her what she wanted to hear and I knew she would take my advice and run with it. I persuaded her to see the Cody that we personally close to him all know and love. She explained to me that leaving Cody if she ever thought about it was going to hurt her and her kids that he kindly took in as his own. She knew everyone else wouldn't speak to her or treat her the same if she had gone back to NYC. She wanted not only what was best for Cody and his kids but what kinda role model she wanted to be for her own kids in the future. Sarah is smart Cody and she knows how to be organized but stay on top of things when you need her and I saw that that day when she came to Arizona during spring training. She treated you like a gold plate and I know that feeling so well because that is how Maddy treats me. I wish you all the best in the world and you know we are here if you need anything.

We walked over to the guys and gave them hugs and to be honest with you we knew how amazing they were at just being the people that we needed in life.

Corey handed the microphone to Aaron and Sabrina and walked away.

Aaron took the microphone with Sabrina standing next to him and I held Cody's hand with a nervous smile on my face.

Aaron: Sabrina and I wanted with permission from Cody and Sarah to come up here and say how happy we are that you two decided to get married. We know how hard life has been for not only you guys but for the people like your kids around you. Sometimes God helps us leave the past for a reason so in the future we can find someone better and I am glad you two made the decision to be together. Congrats to you both and if you ever need anything don't be scared to reach out.

Aaron handed the mic over to Sabrina and she started to speak.

Sabrina: Sarah Cody, thank you both for making me see what was really in front of me and thank you for helping me understand that everything happens for a reason. I know since the moment I saw you with Cody Sarah that you were made for him. You made him smile bigger than than anyone ever could and I decided that it was my time to move on and for you to step in and be the person that not only the kids needed but that I needed with Cody. I wanted Cody to be with someone that he can trust and that can love him unconditionally and that definitely fits your glove perfectly Sarah. I hope you two have a wonderful life together and I just want to say that on behalf of the Yankee family and Aaron and I we paid for your honeymoon to Italy. We wanted to do this to say thank you for being the people we know and love. Congrats and have a wonderful life together.

Cody and I looked with shocked eyes knowing we didn't even have time to plan a honeymoon because we were so busy but to the fact that everyone on the NY end helped us pay for our honeymoon was beyond not what we expected. Cody and I walked over to them with smiles telling them thank you and that we would definitely enjoy the honeymoon they set up for us which was to travel around Italy.

The rest of the night was definitely something to remember and I pulled Sabrina on the side while Cody was talking to Aaron.

Sabrina: Sarah you and Cody deserve this.
Me: Why?
Sabrina: I wanted to say thank you for helping me see how truly fast life goes and you need to spend it with the people you love and you showed me many different sides to Aaron and I'm really happy to be with him. Cody is made for you Sarah and I know how much love you two give each other.
Me: Thank you and this is the day I finally can say that I do trust you and I would like you to come visit anytime you want no matter when just give us a shout if you need anything.
Sabrina: Thank you Sarah. This means a lot. 🙂
Me: No problem. 🙂

I pulled her in for a hug knowing this could be that start of something again.

Cody and I knew we could move on and be happy again

Cody and I knew we could move on and be happy again. 😌