Sleepless Nights and Worrisome Moments. Jennifer Moments. ❤️

Tossing and turning all night wasn't helping Sarah at all and to be honest it didn't even wake Cody up which was shocking to Sarah.

Sarah ended up going down stairs around one am because she was really having one of those nights where there was just so much on her mind that she couldn't help but start crying. She felt like such a fail as a mom because she wanted to give Conner and Sapphire a better life but she couldn't do that. Without Cody she wouldn't know where to live so she was pretty much feeling like she was using him and his family.

In the midst of crying silently she decided to call Jenn.

As Sarah rang Jenn she kept wiping her eyes and trying to make her voice clear not realizing that Jenn was going to know she was crying.

Jenn: Sarah. Oh my gosh. Sweetie! What's wrong!
Me: Jenn you are the only one I can call. Can I meet you at the park down the block from Cody's?
Jenn: Of course sweetie. I will be over in ten minutes.
Me: Okay. Thank you.
Jenn: Your welcome sweetie pie. See you soon. *Sarah in the midst of sniffles*
Me: See you soon Jenn.

Sarah took Cody's car and left him a note just in case he woke up wanting to know where she was.

He and the kids were out sleeping so I didn't want to wake any of them.

As I was sitting by the water on the bench I heard foot steps and knew it was Jenn.

Jenn: Hi Sarah. What's wrong honey bunny?
Me: Jenn I feel like I'm using you guys because I couldn't hold anything together with Aaron.

Jenn had tears coming down her face with a worried look on her face on why I was thinking that.

Jenn: Sarah why are you thinking this way?
Me: Jenn, I feel like I'm using you and Clay and you know everyone here because my love life absolutely sucks and my kids! My poor kids are having to go through my mess! My freaking messed up fucked up heart and my kids have to see me like this! Their own mom has such a fucked up life!
Jenn: Sweetie what brought this up in your head?
Me: Just inside thoughts that I didn't want anyone to know and my own daughter and son know how much of a wreck I am but honestly I'm glad Cody can be the father they need since Aaron pretty much never came to check on me after Sapphire was born. Cody always called me and always checked on me when Jenn he didn't even have to! He cared more about me than my own husband and I was so damn selfish that I didn't even ask about the pain he was going through with Corey and Emma! Sabrina I can't believe what she did to him and their kids!
Jenn: Sarah don't you dare think you are the problem of everyone else's issues! You are such an amazing person Sarah and Cody has and always will see that! This family we welcomed you in because you were the missing puzzle piece we needed! Ashli and Cole love you as a sibling even if you aren't married to Cody.
Me: I would love to marry him I just don't think I'm ready.
Jenn: No rush Sarah. Personally I don't think he is ready either. Everyone goes through shit in life Sarah and you really have to understand that you out of everyone else knows how strong you are. You are such a wonderful soul to this family and to the world that I wish everyone was like you Sarah. You appreciated my son like he was your life and now I know that you two can't be a minute without each other which is always what I wanted for him and I know how angry your parents are at everyone Sarah but they always wanted what was best for you and for their grandkids.
Me: Yeah they are coming out soon to come visit. They have a lot to do back in Jersey.
Jenn: We would love for them to stay in the guest house we just finished Sarah. That house could use some people staying in it and they can stay as long as they would like.
Me: Jenn. Thank you. 😭
Jenn: No Sarah. Thank you. 😭❤️

She pulled me in for a hug and I haven't felt a hug like that in so long and I felt like I was back home hugging my mom or when I was younger hugging my grandma.

Jenn: This was good. We both needed this.
Me: Haha yeah we did. :)
Jenn: We both should head home. Text me when you get through the door.
Me: I will. Thanks again. :) I'm sorry I woke you up.
Jenn: Welcome. Nonsense Sarah I love you and no matter what you are or who you are I will travel miles to see you. :)
Me: Thank you. :)
Jenn: Your welcome honey. :)

We both pulled out of the parking lot and drove off.

Ten minutes later I got back into bed and Cody didn't even move. I texted Jenn that I got home and she said "Sweet dreams."

I fell fast asleep after that and I knew I was going to be asked questions by Cody in the morning.

The next morning.......

I woke up and I smelled breakfast downstairs which smelled to die for amazing and then I heard the kids come in and jump on the bed.

Sapphire: Morning mom.
Conner: Morning mom.
Corey: Morning mom.
Emma: Morning mom.

Hearing my kids call me mom felt nice but hearing Cody's kids call me mom was what made me cry. I brought them all in for a hug and they hugged me back.

Cody walked in with everything shut off and ready downstairs but when he saw tears in my eyes he just knew how good this moment felt for me.

Cody: Kids how about you guys let your mom and I talk.
Sapphire: Okay.
Conner: Okay.
Corey: Okay.
Emma: Okay dad.

As they walked out of the room it was nice to see them mature into nice young ladies and gentlemen that I always knew they would be in the future.

Cody: Sarah. I love you. My mom called me this morning and told me where you went early in the morning.
Me: Oh dammit. She did.
Cody: That's okay Sarah. I'm glad you can be open with her honey bear.
Me: Are you sure?
Cody: Honey yes. This is what I always wanted for you.
Me: Good. :) I'm glad. :)
Cody: Let's go eat because I can hear the kids screaming that they are hungry. 😂😂
Me: Haha yeah. 😂😂
Cody: I love you Sarah. ❤️
Me: I love you more Codes. ❤️

Before we walked out of the bedroom he kissed me and to be honest it was the best kiss I had gotten in such a long time. 🥰

 🥰