Protective Parents. Sweeter Moments.

When Sapphire got home from the mall the day before she kept texting Kyle to keep her mind off how her mom and dads were going to react when they found out she liked Kyle LeMahieu. She always took her mom's advice when she was thinking too much and turned on one of her favorite music artists that her Uncle Corey introduced her to and that was Brett Young. She really liked his lyrics and she connected with him in many ways. Country music made Sapphire feel like she was in her Uncle Corey and Auntie Mady's world and that was the world she always wanted. When she started talking to Kyle she knew she wanted something more than a friendship with him. They started off talking like brother and sister and then things grew closer between them. Sapphire knew Kyle was the one for her but she didn't know what God had in store for her in the future.

The next morning.....

Sarah's POV:
Aaron, Cody, and I hadn't seen DJ or Jordan LeMahieu in such a long time and they said they were available to have dinner with us tonight with their son Kyle. I thought it would be a great idea to have them come over. All the kids would be here and it was nice.

Aaron walked down with Cody since he slept over yesterday in the guest room and they both gave me kisses good morning on the cheek. I smiled back at both of them.

Aaron: Have you noticed something different with Sapphire since yesterday honey?
Cody: I have. She's actually acting strange.
Me: No you two are right. She came home from the mall with the girls and she was like keeping herself quiet in the corner which she never does. I hope nothing happened at the mall that we need to ask the girls about later.
Aaron: We will find out sooner than later.

Sapphire's POV:
Emily and Rebecca said they would come over with Conner and Corey to help me out in a little while pick out an outfit so I didn't look crazy around Kyle later. I was sooo nervous but I guess we shall see what happens.

Later on that day......

Everyone was sitting around the island in the kitchen when the door bell rang Sapphire went to go open the door and she gave hugs to DJ and Jordan.

Jordan: Hi Sapphire.
DJ: Hey Sapphire.
Sapphire: Hey guys. Come in.

Sapphire saw Kyle behind them and she hugged him from the side because she didn't want anyone to see what she had with Kyle just yet.

Emily and Rebecca knew it was time to tell everyone that she wanted something with Kyle and Sapphire nodded in their direction. Corey and Conner smiled at Sapphire knowing Kyle was a smart move on her part and that he wasn't going to hurt her when they weren't around. They were both very protective of Sapphire and wanted what was best for her.

As everyone said grace and sat around the dinner table and started eating Sapphire stood up and told everyone that she wanted to say something. Kyle was about to stand up but she told him to sit down. Then Sapphire started talking but Kyle just gave her the face saying he would say something.

Jordan: Honey what is it?
Kyle: Sapphire and I have been talking for the past couple of months and I wanted to ask you Aunt Sarah if I can date your daughter. I knew I had to say it over dinner because I didn't want you having to worry about Sapphire being in harms way when she would be around other guys in this world and I know that she told you she doesn't know how to talk to guys but when we started talking I thought of her as a sister but then we grew closer and I knew I wanted more with her. It is okay if you say no because I completely understand you want what is best for your daughter.

Everyone around the table had this sincere smile on their face and Aaron stood up and talked before Sarah did.

Aaron: You have my blessing Kyle and I want to say thank you for being a gentleman and caring for my daughter's feelings. We saw she was acting weird the past couple of days and now we know why. I would not mind because I know you would never hurt her and your parents I know for a fact raised you right.