Conversations with Mom and Personal Anthony talks.

Joey and I decided to go to dinner tonight after the game since we never had a night out together in a couple of weeks.

I was sitting in the clubhouse with one of his hoodies on and he was getting ready.

Joey: You okay honey?
Me: Yeah I'm alright just thinking.
Joey: About?
Me: How maybe in the off season we should go to Italy maybe?
Joey: Yeah I would love that. I have cousins there in Rome. Maybe we can bring my mom with us and she can stay with my cousins and we can go places alone.
Me: Yeah I like that idea.
Joey: Okay we can talk to her about it later and see what she says when we come home from dinner.

Everyone was smiling at us and we just laughed.

Me: Why are all of you staring?
Aaron: We like seeing you two happy and Sarah has been through a lot just like you Joey. It is nice to see her happy for once.
Joey: Yeah I mean she did say that to me the other day maybe I am doing something right.
Aaron: Yeah dude you are giving the same amount of love that I gave her and I really appreciate that.
Reena: Honey I didn't know that you two dated?
Aaron: I have two kids with her and two kids with a friend of ours but they are all grown now. I was married to Sarah and I was married to a girl named Sabrina.
Reena: Oh wow I didn't know that.
Emily: Is that a bad thing?
Reena: No, I was just having a thought I'm sorry I didn't mean to sound rude.
Me: No it is fine. I mean we don't know a lot of things thats why what just ask.
Reena: No yeah you are right.

I was sitting there with this bizarre look on my face as to why Reena was shocked that I was married to Aaron.

Anthony saw the look on my face and motioned me to the gym down the hall so I can talk to him.

Anthony: Sarah I'm sorry about all of that. I don't know why that came out of her mouth because it was not only awkward it was rude.
Me: I mean I did feel uncomfortable but I have to get over it.
Anthony: No Sarah I am going to have a talk with her.
Me: I mean she is your cousin I just wanted to know why that was awkward.
Anthony: Trust me Sarah I am going to have a talk with her. You are a wonderful person and you didn't deserve that. Not many women were willing to give Joey a chance because he is in the corner and quiet because he has social anxiety and Aaron and I know how much you like him.
Me: I really do Tony. I mean the last time I ever liked anyone that much was Aaron. It just fits you know but I know things with Joey are going to last a lot longer than they did with Aaron.
Anthony: We knew that also Sarah.

Tony had to get to batting practice so I went to sit in the box with Joey's mom.

Mom: Everything okay honey?
Me: Yeah. It was just weird with Reena on why she acted so weird when I said Aaron had kids with me.
Mom: Honey she is jealous of you.
Me: Why would she be jealous of me?
Mom: Aaron still wants you in his life and he loves you and Joey together and he knows he isn't going to get someone like you again so the other woman is going to feel threatened or offended.
Me: I didn't even think of it that way.
Mom: It is pathetic Sarah. I know how much you love my son but I know you had a past with Aaron and he knows that also so no need to say sorry.
Me: Should I not talk to her?
Mom: I would distance yourself from her. I mean she doesn't look like the type of person for Aaron. I mean to me honey she looks controlling and I'm an Italian myself but I am never controlling.
Me: Thanks.
Mom: No honey you did the right thing. You understand my son and everyone sees that. It is nice to see how genuine and just comfortable you are with each other and let me tell you my marriage was not like that.
Me: It wasn't?
Mom: Honey mine was hell over high water. That is why I had to end it before it got worse but I never regretted having Joey for a minute.
Me: He is a sweetheart.
Mom: He gets that from me. Also he is going to show you some sides that you don't see in many people but I know for a fact that you can handle him.
Me: Thank you.
Mom: Your welcome.

We were watching the game and my mom was texting me checking in and I said I would bring Joey over next week with his mom to meet everyone and she said okay.

Mom: When am I going to meet your family since you are going to be meeting Joeys end next weekend.
Me: I told my mom this upcoming week.
Mom: Oh okay this is going to be fun. Let us know what day.
Me: I will.

I knew that Joey and his mom were going to fit in with my family because they completely understood how I was and everything just runs smoothly when families understand each other.

In the next chapter Joey shows a side to Sarah that she loves.

Stay tuned.