Just To Get Away.

I took Cody and Sabrina's advice left Aaron and Casey with Rose and took Jeter with me to visit Taylor and Marieka in Upstate NY. To get away for a couple of days was really what I needed to do. If Blake wanted to follow me he could but for right now I wanted to be alone with Jeter.

I called Taylor and he said they would be home but the kids are in Oklahoma with his parents.

After about six hours on the road I finally got there.

Taylor: Hey Sarah.
Me: Hey.
Taylor: I'm glad you came up here.
Me: Yeah same with me.
Marieka: Hey girlie.
Me: Hey girl.
Marieka: Come inside and talk to us over dinner.
Me: Okay.

As I got settled into the guest room down the hall I came into the kitchen and this house was beautiful. Blake and I if we decide to get back together we want a house like this. It was a decent size but not mansion size which I know he didn't want.

Marieka: I see you eyeing the house.
Me: Yeah Blake and I were thinking about getting a house like this.
Marieka: Why didn't you?
Me: Timing was not right and things got in the way.
Marieka: Sarah, Taylor and I know what the issue is because we had that issue a couple of months after we got married. Before we had the girls.
Me: What did you guys do?
Marieka: We worked it out and we realized the girls and any other future kids we have of our own need us.
Me: Yeah that is what Blake said about Junior and Kings.
Marieka: Junior and Kings will always have their parents and I know for a fact Casey was such a bitch to you that she had to ruin shit between you and Blake. Taylor and I noticed that when he told me the other day you caught him and Case on the couch together. Blake was set up also Sarah. He knew you didn't want to deal with Aaron anymore other than being Rose's step mom and being the mother to Sapphire and Conner. Sapphire and Conner love Blake and I know Rose and Jeter boy over here do also but you need to realize Sarah life is too short to miss out on love. I know how much Blake loves you.
Me: You do?
Marieka: Yep.
Me: How? Did he say anything?
Marieka: He was talking to me on the phone the other day and he knows you are up here. So as his sister in law I told him to come up here and to talk this out with you. You aren't around the city and you aren't around a toxic mess. Taylor and I will give you two space to talk and we want you both back together and if you want to get married and go through with the wedding this time around we will be nothing but supportive.
Me: Thank you.
Marieka: You're welcome.

I walked over to hug Taylor and I forgot how great his hugs were.

Taylor: Sarah I love you like a sister and I don't want to see my brother hurt because of some stupid idiots getting in the way. He really loves you and I know when he lost you a couple of weeks ago he called me in his depressed voice which I can always hear through the phone but I knew you really loved him Sarah.
Me: yeah I do love him.
Taylor: Then why didn't you tell him?
Me: I was scared. I was just really scared to get hurt again and I was scared to go through with the wedding knowing someone would crash it again and ruin my perfect moment to be happy.
Marieka: Sarah, I promise you that won't happen because Taylor and I will be with you and our brother every single step of the way. We love you like family Sarah. Also you don't have to talk to Casey anymore considering what she did was wrong and she is now figuring that out.
Me: Is Blake on his way? I kinda miss him.
Taylor: He's fifteen minutes away.
Me: He really followed me up here?
Taylor: Yeah.
Me: I guess he left a couple of minutes after me.
Taylor: He did.

We were sitting eating dinner at the dining table and then we heard the door bell and Taylor screamed to come in.

Blake left his bags in the guest room since we were staying for a week.

A couple of minutes later I get a call from Ayesha.

Ayesha: Hi girlie! It is really quiet over there.
Me: Haha hi girlie. I'm not home.
Ayesha: Where are you?
Me: At Taylor and Marieka's.
Ayesha: Is Blake with you?
Me: Yeah we are gonna talk things out.
Ayesha: Thank you lord. You had Steph and I worried sick that something happened.
Me: We had people get involved that we shouldn't have.
Ayesha: I know that feeling. Please tell me when you guys are back in the city in a week we want to come and visit you and Blake when things are okay.
Me: We will definitely let you know.
Ayesha: Good, love you.
Me: Love you also.

I walked back into the dining room and I sat down back in my seat.

Marieka: What was the I love you about?
Me: Ayesha. She just wanted to check on Blake and I.
Marieka: Oh okay. I was going to say if you were talking to some guy why the heck are you up here?
Me: Trust me I wouldn't have driven 6 hours.
Marieka: That is true. How are her and Steph?
Me: Good they are going to be in the city next week for something and they want come stop by and I told them when I get settled in they can.
Marieka: Sounds good.

Blake finished dinner and walked outside to sit on the back patio on the swinging bench.

Me: I am going to go talk to him.
Marieka: Good idea. We will come join you both in a minute.
Me: Okay.

I walked outside of the sliding door and sat next to him.

Me: Hey.
Blake: Hey.
Me: So um Ayesha and Steph say hello. They were worried about us.
Blake: I'm worried about us also. Where do we stand?

I leaned over and kissed him.

The kiss lasted for a couple of minutes and then we pulled away out of breath

Blake: Oh I needed that.
Me: You did ?
Blake: Yeah I did.
Me: Do you love me?
Blake: Yeah I do. A lot.
Me: So are we going to just take things slow or get married?
Blake: I would like to get married but I also want to take a month to get used to us again.
Me: Yeah I would like that also.

Taylor came out with Marieka and four coffee cups.

Marieka: You two kissed didn't you?
Blake: Actually she kissed me.
Me: Yeah I did.
Taylor: I'm glad.
Me: Did you guys really miss me?
Marieka: We did Sarah. If you try and leave next time we won't let you. We need to make you one of us for life.
Me: I plan on it. ❤️

I leaned into Blake and he kissed my forehead.

Me: I love you.
Blake: Love you more.

Marieka: When do you guys want to move out here?
Me: Maybe within a month or so Blake said he found a place down the road.
Marieka: Oh we know that place. It has a pool.
Me: Yep that's the one.
Taylor: I can see you guys growing old together that's how amazing it is.
Blake: I do also. 💙

Jeter was sitting next to Blake on the rocking bench asleep.

Me: Jeter missed you.
Blake: Yeah I know.

Where the future will take Blake and I we will never know but we want to take it one step at a time.

The next chapter the mending happens. ☺️