Settling Into Reality. Unexpected Messages. 🤨

Since Cody and I decided to move in together in LA with the kids it was nice to be able to thank God for each other again.

Cody: Sarah thank you for everything.
Me: Cody it is no issue. I mean we needed to work things out. We knew things were meant to be even when people told us to give each other a chance.
Cody: Yeah I know. I guess I was cautious with my heart but I know you won't break it.
Me: Why would I even try? I am treating you like the "Baby Blueberry" I know and love not the Cody Bellinger that the whole world looks up to. That Cody is baseball Cody but My Cody now I like the sound of that.
Cody: Yeah I know. :) I do like when you call me "Baby Blueberry" though.

A couple of seconds later I get a call from some random number. I don't pick it up unless you know I knew the number which I didn't.

I went to the kitchen to make dinner and Cody picked up his phone and the started laughing.

Cody: Honey come and look at this.
Me: Okay what is it?
Cody: Remember my cousin Amber's daughter?
Me: Mhm.
Cody: Shes graduating kindergarten and she's skipping on the stage in her little outfit.

I kept watching the video with him and we both laughed at a little girl with little blonde curls bouncing up and down as she walked.

Me: I would love to have a little her. She's adorable.
Cody: I know same. I love our kids but honestly speaking I would like one more soon but not now.
Me: Yeah I know what you mean.

A couple of seconds later the doorbell rings.

I run to open it and find Sabrina standing there with flowers.

This is interesting and odd. 🤔

Sabrina: Hi Sarah. I wanted to drop these off for you.
Me: Um okay. Thanks. Who are they from?
Sabrina: Aaron.
Me: Why is he sending me flowers?
Sabrina: I have no idea. Read the card he said was in the flowers. Him and I are dating now so um yeah I hope you are okay with that again?
Me: Why would I care?
Sabrina: Just saying.
Me: We have been done so I don't care what you do with him.

Cody was standing behind me because I felt his presence.

Cody: Sabrina why are you here?
Sabrina: I brought Sarah flowers from Aaron. I'm dating him now and we have been together for a couple of months.
Cody: Okay, why should Sarah and I care?
Sabrina: I see you guys don't.
Cody: Yeah we don't so you can leave us alone and we have dinner to make and kids to feed. Bye.
Sabrina: Bye.

As we both closed the door when Sabrina left I opened the card as Cody held the flowers. He was reading it with me because I told him I wouldn't keep anything from him.

Dear Sarah,

I'm sorry for the mess I caused you. I apologize for my stupid behavior over the years and I know you want nothing to do with me anymore. I hope the kids are well and I wish to see them soon.

Again Sarah I'm so sorry for the bullshit I caused you and the crap I caused Cody because I know how much he loves you. We once loved each other but you guys have the love that is unbreakable. The Yankees miss you so come visit soon if you want. Have fun with your new family and Good luck with everything.

Love you always,
Aaron.

As Cody read the letter after I did he just smirked and knew Aaron was kissing so much ass and made Sabrina come and deliver the flowers to piss Sarah and I off. That's not happening anymore because I refuse to let anyone break what Sarah and I have and I'm so glad the California and New York courts allowed us to have full custody and supervision of all four kids.

Cody: Sarah I'm happy you didn't say anything to her because she doesn't deserve your speech.
Me: I know honey. I just want to know why Aaron brought Sabrina? Like was that supposed to be a deal breaker or something?
Cody: Honey the world may never know.

All four kids came in since they were able to walk now.

Sapphire: Mommy is dinner ready?
Me: Yes babe. Dinner is almost ready.
Conner: Mom.
Me: Yes Conner?
Conner: Is Cody our dad now?
Me: Yes honey. He is.
Cody: Conner can I talk to you for a minute. Sapphire I want you to come also.
Sapphire: Okay.

The two followed Cody into the living room while I had Corey and Emma help me in the kitchen since they were able to touch things that I needed them to help me with.

Emma: I can't believe mom isn't around anymore. Like did she even care about us Core?
Corey: Mom never cared Em. She knew what she wanted out of dad and that was his money as usual. She knew he played for the Dodgers and yet she didn't even give a damn about her own kids. I mean dad helped us more than mom did. So did grandma and grandpa. It bothers me that mom seriously thought she could use us to get back to dad but to be honest what kind of parent uses their kids to get an eye in the media.
Emma: I guess mom did. I feel so sorry for daddy. He doesn't deserve any of that.
Corey: Yeah Em. I know.
Me: You guys. Can I talk to you after we finish dinner?
Corey: Yeah.
Emma: Yeah.

As we finished dinner in silence Cody came back with Conner and Sapphire.

Cody: How is everything sweetie?
Me: I mean everything is fine but I think we should talk to all four kids later. They deserve to know why I'm with you and why we aren't you know back where we should be.
Cody: I feel so bad that they have to go through this and we didn't even have to go through this. Both of our parents were married longer than we can count and now we are sitting here just reliving memories.
Me: I would rather live them with you Cody than with anyone else.
Cody: I love you.
Me: Love you more.

The kids were in the living room watching a movie so Cody and I kissed and to be honest the kiss helped me remember why I fell in love with his cute twelve year old self when I was younger. ❤️

Cody: I guess you couldn't back away from that kiss. 😉
Me: Mmmmm I want more later.
Cody: Okay. Maybe when the kids go to my mom's later we can have some alone time?
Me: Yeah. That would be nice. Oh my mom was thinking about getting a house out here with my dad if they don't want to stay in NJ.
Cody: Whatever is comfortable for them love.

Cody leaned back and kissed me again and to be honest his lips were damn heaven.

Conner: Guys stop the kissing and come in here! Sapphire: Mom! Corey: Hello! Emma: Little one is talking!

Sapphire: Mom!
Corey: Hello!
Emma: Little one is talking!

Cody: These kids have jokes.
Me: Ha yeah they do!

Having these kids around was going to be interesting. 😌