Before Grant Leaves. 😞

Sarah and Cody were back in Cali you know spending time with the kids and his family in baseball and at home.

Anna on the other hand was pretty much really going to miss Grant since she knows he has to leave tomorrow.

Grant: Babe.
Anna: Huh?
Grant: You know you can always call me right and I will get to my phone when I can.
Anna: Babe I'm not going to call you. You have to do your job.
Grant: Anna Rachel.
Anna: What?
Grant: I love you more than I love myself sometimes and I know this is my job but my job comes second. You always and will always come first. I married you because you make me smile even when I don't have to. You make me laugh when I don't want to. Just seeing you brightens my day and you know what I really want you close to me always.
Anna: Are you sure?
Grant: Yes I'm sure. Anna I love you. I will always love you.
Anna: I know. I'm just scared something is going to happen to you and I know I only talk to Sarah and one other person.
Grant: Who is the other person?
Anna: Remember the other Marine wife I talk to?
Grant: Yeah I know her. I would like you to talk to her since I know her husband pretty well and to be honest with you I would rather you be with her than be with James. You being with James makes me angry and you know you are mine and only mine.
Anna: I know that. Maybe I will go spend time with the other Marine wife that I know after I go speak to James.
Grant: He better not try anything Anna. I swear if he does things will not be pretty when I come home.
Anna: Grant do you need a back rub.
Grant: Don't change the subject.
Anna: I know but please I need us to stop talking about him because he isn't you. He is never going to be you Grant and you know that.
Grant: Yeah I know. I'm just. I don't know. I don't want you leaving me.
Anna: I'm not going to leave you. Do you remember me from high school?
Grant: Yeah.
Anna: I loved you first. I loved you when my papers went flying up in the air outside. I loved you when you had that "Sunshine" haircut. I loved you when you first shared your Chick-Fil-A with me and I love you now more than ever. You are "My Marine" you will always be "My Grant and My World."
Grant: How much do you remember about me?
Anna: I think I know too much about how you loved your "boots" and your "trucks" and also your love of the color "blue." Something about you in the color blue makes me happy. I don't know why. :)
Grant: Well you always make me happy even when the world always feels dark. Anna you know I love you.
Anna: Yeah I don't know why it took us so long to recognize each other again.
Grant: Well that time you showed up to my door crying and I brought you in that is when I remembered. I was a jerk in the beginning and you changed me into someone I will never want to forget. You taught me the right things from the wrong things in life. You taught me how to love the longest and you taught me that no matter what or where I am in the world you are always going to think of me. Getting emails from you. Getting texts from you. Getting just a smile from you melts my heart and I know I will always love you every single step of the way.
Anna: Thank you. Thank you for always trusting me and for believing that I can be someone even when people don't want me to or expect me to. You taught me how to be strong. You taught me how to make myself feel better about the old me that I used to be. Grant you know more about me than I know myself. You saw me at my darkest even before some of my family saw me. Sometimes I feel like you are me no matter what the world brings us to.

As they were sitting outside on the lawn talking the country air just flooded everywhere. It felt like they were living in some Hallmark Movie.

Grant: I feel like we are in one of those old movies where the grass is always green and everything in the world is changing other than the love that we have for each other

Anna: We are all connected somehow.
Honestly speaking.
Grant: Yeah we are.
Anna: Do you remember the time I kissed you in the dark?
Grant: Yeah.
Anna: Can you kiss me like that tonight?
Grant: Yeah. I can. :)

Later on that night after they called everyone to check on them......they walked outside and Grant pulled Anna in for that last kiss and there were a couple of tears that ran down her face.

Those tears right there made her believe that she knew he was coming back soon.

Grant: I love you Anna

In the midst of tears coming out of her eyes she whispered back.

Anna: I love you more than the moon loves the sun Grant. 💙

Sometimes little moments like that were going to help her understand that no matter who or where she was in life Grant "Her Grant" would always be there. 💙🥺