Having Those Flashbacks. That Unexpected Surprise or Surprises! 😌👏🏻❤️

That night I was having a couple flashbacks about being with Aaron. Him proposing to me. Him making me happy. Him being there for the birth of Conner. Him leaving me for Samantha and Sabrina. As soon as that moment hit I woke up and balled my eyes out. Why did the last memory of him have to be negative? I thought to myself at that moment that maybe it was him showing me that maybe he didn't need me. Maybe he never wanted me like I wanted him. Maybe writing that sign for him was useless because I didn't think he would haunt me and hurt me this much.

Cody looked over at me and saw I was crying since he hadn't fell asleep yet.

Cody: Babe? You okay?
Me: Nope.
Cody: What's wrong boo?
Me: I feel so empty Cody. Why did he have to leave me? Why?!? 😭
Cody: Sarah listen to me.
Me: I looked at Cody in the eyes and I saw these sincere blue ones that I know and loved.
Cody: Look at me in the eyes and tell me that you trust me.
Me: I trust you Cody. You know I trust you.
Cody: Then repeat after me.
Me: Okay.
Cody: I am beautiful.
Me: I am beautiful.
Cody: I am an amazing mom and girlfriend.
Me: I'm an amazing mom and girlfriend.
Cody: I love myself along with God.
Me: I love myself along with God.
Cody: God is going to protect me and love me until he can't stop.
Me: God is going to protect me and love me until he can't stop.
Cody: God will promise me a wonderful life.
Me: God will promise me a wonderful life.
Cody: I will be strong for myself and others who love me.
Me: I will be strong for myself and others who love me.
Cody: I am powerful.
Me: I am powerful.
Cody: I am happy.
Me: I am happy.
Cody: Good you see. :)
Me: Yeah :) Thank you I needed that.
Cody: My mom always told those around her to say those things and I want you even when I'm not around to say those to the kids and to yourself. You are a wonderful woman Sarah. Aaron lost an amazing woman who loved him more than the universe but guess what Sarahbear God gave you better princess.
Me: He did?
Cody: Yeah. He gave you your kids, he gave you my kids, he gave you a bigger family to add onto other families you had before, he gave you me Sarah.
Me: Yeah he did.

I leaned in and I gave Cody the biggest hug and I never let him go. Then I kissed him with tears rolling down my face because I knew not only did I find my man but I found my rock, my warrior child, my eternity. It took me awhile to realize that but I know now that he is God's gift to me besides my kids and his kids. His family took me in even when they didn't have to. They made me happy to the point where I can add another family onto the family I have already.

Cody: Do you love me?
Me: Yes.
Cody: How much?
Me: So much.
Cody: Then I want to ask you something.
Me: What is it?
Cody: If I asked you to marry me would you say yes?
Me: Um yes.

Cody walked into the other room and came back with a box. He told Sarah to close her eyes and she did as she was told.

Cody: Open your eyes.
Me: Cody we are still in Mississippi.
Cody: And. I want to do this here so when we go back home we have a surprise to tell everyone.
Me: What is the surprise?
Cody: Will you marry me?
Me: Cody! 😭
Cody: Sarah! 😭
Me: Yes, I will marry you. ❤️ I love you. 🥺
Cody: I love you more princess. ❤️❤️

This moment I didn't think would ever be like this but I'm glad this happened here because it was private and the ring was absolutely amazing. ❤️

Cody: Do you like the ring? Me: It is beautiful

Me: It is beautiful. You remembered my sapphire stone?
Cody: How could I forget?
Me: I just thought you would have.
Cody: Nope. I never forget anything you tell me Sarah. I love you too much to forget.
Cody: I know. On our wedding day whenever it is going to be because this time I don't want it to be rushed I want you to wear the necklace I gave you.
Me: The sapphire one?
Cody: Yes.
Me: I actually have it at home with your mom she is holding it for me.
Cody: Smart move. ;)
Me: Yeah. ;)

I leaned down and gave Cody a kiss and to be honest with you I pictured us at home at Dodgers Stadium having this kiss.

Cody: Wow you were into that kiss

Cody: Wow you were into that kiss. 😌
Me: I got carried away. 😂
Cody: Yeah I can see that.
Me: Well I can give you more later.
Cody: Anna and Grant are out chatting so maybe I can get more now. ;)
Me: Can I call your mom and tell her?
Cody: We can call your parents first since my parents are home with the kids.
Me: Okay.

While ringing my mom I was pretty much in tears.

Nahla: Hi Sarah! How are you honey? Hi Cody!
Cody: Hi Mrs. N.
Nahla: How are you both?
Cody: We are good! Sarah and I have some news to tell you.
Nahla: Well let me bring your father over. Joe!
Joe: Yeah!
Nahla: Come say hi to Sarah and Cody!
Joe: Coming sweetheart!

As my dad sat next to my mom at the kitchen table back in New Jersey I knew they were going to be happy.

Nahla: Okay what is it?

I held up the ring and my mom lost it!

Nahla: Sweetie! Oh my gosh! Cody thank you! 😭👏🏻😭
Joe: Wow! Thank you Cody!
Cody: Your welcome! I knew your daughter needed this just as much as I did and we make each other happy as well as the kids and that means a lot.
Joe: You are right son. Welcome to the family.
Cody: Thank you Mr. N.
Joe: Your welcome.
Nahla: Sweetie when are you coming back home? We miss you.
Me: I'm coming home soon mom. We just wanted to call you guys first. Don't tell the family just yet.
Nahla: We promise. Be safe both of you. :)
Cody: Thank you.
Me: Thank you.

As we hung up the phone with my parents we were going to call Cody's parents.

As soon as we were about to Grant and Anna walked through the door and they walked over to us on the couch.

Anna: Sarah!
Me: Huh!
Anna: IS THAT A RING I SEE!
Me: Yes!
Anna: AHHHHHH CONGRATS GIRL! 😭🥺😭❤️
Me: Thank you!! :)
Grant: Congrats Sarah! Finally you two! When did you ask her Cody?
Me: Maybe an hour after you guys left.
Grant: Oh wow. Well we have some news for you guys.
Me: What is it?
Grant: We are moving.
Me: Wait when?
Grant: Next year. To Germany.
Me: Seriously? Do they need you to go?
Grant: Yeah the Corps needs me to go and serve there for a little while and then maybe move back to North Carolina but we are going to stick around for the wedding and by next January we should be heading to Germany.
Me: Well I wish you guys the best of luck out there. Be careful.
Anna: We will Sarah. Trust me I'm going to be living with Grant out there and maybe get a job but as of now when he deploys I still have you guys to lean on and JT. It is going to be okay for me. Trust me. :)
Me: Anna you are my best friend and I'm looking out for you. ;)
Anna: I know Sarah. Thank you. ;)

As Anna and Grant went upstairs Cody and I decided to call his parents tomorrow because the both of us were getting pretty tired again and honestly we did wake my parents up so that was a blessing. 😂

Cody: We are going to be just fine Sarah. We can always tell my parents when we get back home tomorrow night.
Me: Yeah that is true! :) I miss LA.
Cody: Yeah same. We should tell the kids separately.
Me: Yeah I was thinking that also. :)
Cody: Love you. ❤️
Me: I love you too. ❤️

Well that was some chapter!

Wait for the next one! ;)

Sarah xoxo