" you ? Reminiscing about the past ? Bullshit " Shinjiro shrugged

" what was that ?! " Akihiko sternly glared at him

" since when have you been the type to look back ? As far as I remember , you just charge like a bull toward your fights "

" that's ... that's not true ! I ... I do reminisce sometimes "

" why don't you start telling me what you're really thinking ?"

" nothing gets past you , huh ? okay ... " Akihiko sighed " to be honest I've never given it much thought , but last night someone made me question my reason for fighting . I thought meeting you might help me remember "

" a reason for fighting ? That's a personal thing , but if you lost sight of yours you can quit , like me "

" ' quit ' doesn't exist in my book "

" yeah ... deep down you're still the same "

" last night , we've figured out a way to end the Dark Hour "

" so it's true ... "

" what ? "

" why do you want to end the Dark Hour ? " Shinjiro forced a question out

" why ?! Are you seriously asking this question ?! You used to be one of us , you should know better than to ... "

" okay , shut up ! " Shinjiro groaned " you said you forgot your reason to fight so I'm jogging your memory , don't take your frustration on me , dumbass ! "

" sorry " Akihiko calmed down " I'm sure you saw them during the Dark Hour , Shinji . Those shadows are a threat to the city ... no , the entire world . We have to stop them since we're the only ones who—"

" anyway " Shinjiro stood up " just to let you know , there are those who relish in the Dark Hour ... "

" you mean ... humans ?! "

" yes ... and they wouldn't like you messing up their fun . Just stay on your toes , you and your clowns " Shinjiro walked away until he disappeared in the crowd

—————————————

Junpei descended the stairs of the dorm to the lounge , and his eyes met Minako who immediately greeted him with her usual smile , a smile that he was sick of seeing .

" you got any orders for me , boss ? " he said irritatedly

" huh ? No ... I'm not the boss " Minako shrugged " my brother is , and as far as I could tell he's not here , so nobody is bossing you around , Junpei "

" if you have nothing to do with me then stop wasting my time ! "

" I ... I just thought I could help you with your studying ... you know , like last ... "

" I can take care of myself ... I don't need you babysitting me my whole life ! "

" that's ... never mind " Minako shook her head , as she knew that everything she would say would anger Junpei even more , but still kept her smile " do your best in the exam , I'm rooting for you ! "