Akihiko Sanada - part 2

Start from the beginning

The girls left her in the hallway , shocked and confused . This conversation was not something she wasn't familiar with , as she had lived through this before , and that hurt her even more . She was careless and fell in the same holes she had fallen in before , and now she was going to get bullied again . From the fear and sadness rose a feeling of anger and frustration .

" it's not fair ! I didn't want this ! " she murmured to herself " but I'm not just gonna sit down and take it ! "

Anger was building up within her as she left the school , and she found herself running back to the station , but as she turned through a corner she bumped into someone and fell on her back . When she stood up she was faced with Akihiko .

" Minako ! Are you alright ? " Akihiko asked " why were you running ? "

" oh ! Um ... yeah , I'm fine " Minako immediately shoved her anger in the corner , telling herself that it was not Akihiko's fault and that she shouldn't take it on him " I'm just thought I'd go for a quick jog . I'm a part of the tennis team now , and I should keep myself in shape ! "

" you haven't been going to practice lately , have you ? "

" yeah " Minako smiled bitterly " I'm fine , but Rio refuses to let me in the team . She says I should stay on the sidelines until my injuries recover "

" were your injuries that serious ?! "

" no ! No they weren't . I just told her I fell down the stairs , so until she feels comfortable letting me back in the team , I'm jogging my way back and forth between school and the dorm "

" I like your determination , Minako . What do you say we run together ? "

" together ?! Actually ... " Minako was about to decline but then she thought that they already considered her a threat and there was nothing she could do about it anymore " you know what ? Let's do it ! In fact , let's have a race together "

" yes , a competition should be even more motivating ! "

Surprisingly , Akihiko couldn't catch up to Minako . Of course , she was practicing tennis which was more reliant on running than Akihiko's boxing . They were at the shrine when they stopped running , Minako was fascinated by the calm aura of the shrine especially when she hadn't been coming there since she transferred to Iwatodai . Besides the shrine there was a small playground , and Akihiko was absentmindedly staring at it . Minako's face peered from the side and asked him with a smile " something on your mind , senpai ? "

" Minako ... " nostalgia was apparent in Akihiko's eyes

" yes ? Is there something on my face ? "

" oh ... no . I'm sorry for staring " Akihiko averted his gaze to the playground , and his eyes met a horizontal bar " say , Minako , you can't do a back hip circle , can you ? "

" ooh ! Of course ! Watch me ! " Minako excitedly walked to the horizontal bar

" w—wait ! " Akihiko exclaimed with a flustered look on his face " you're still in your high school uniform ! Your skirt isn't gonna cover much ! "

" oh ... oops , sorry ! " she giggled

" let's try something else "