Monorail madness ! - part 3

Start from the beginning

" is ?.. is this the freaking boss ? " Junpei stuttered

" well , this is the last cart , it has to be our target ! " Yukari cried

" well , leader ? " Minato looked at his sister " what's the plan ? "

However , Minako looked visibly tense , she didn't even seem to be trying to hide it . She was shaking and her eyes were staring at the shadow with shock . Instead of answering to her brother , she tried calling out Mitsuru to ask for the shadow's weaknesses , as if she had forgotten that the communication devices weren't working . This made the team nervous and gave the impression that she really didn't know what to do .

" uh ... Minatan " Junpei said nervously " you do have a plan , right ? "

" of ... of course ! " Minako pulled her evoker " let's hit it with as many elements as we could ! "

" what ? " Minato cried in dismay of that plan " that's your plan ?! "

" we need to figure out its weakness ! " Minako defended her opinion

" no time for that ! " Yukari yelled " here it comes ! "

The shadow pointed at Minako , and hoards of shadows began appearing out of nowhere and attacking her . While she was fending them off , the team tried her ' plan ' . The shadows appearing to support the boss were too many that they could barely sneak in a hit at their main target . Even worse , some shadows were healing it , undoing any damage that they were inflicting . The shadow didn't have any weakness either .

What was really confusing Minato was the ' plan ' his sister had . When they were back at the dorm , she looked confident in her plan . In fact , she was confident until the very moment she saw their target up close . He had a hunch that trying to find the weakness of the big shadow wasn't Minako's original plan , she had probably abandoned her true plan the moment she saw the shadow and now she is blindly shooting for way to win the fight . But why ? What was Minako's plan anyway ? Nevertheless , he couldn't confront her in front of the rest of the team . They were in a tight spot and the last thing he wanted was to make them distrust her at such a critical stage .

" we're running out of time , sister ! At this rate the monorail will collide with another one and kill us all ! I don't know if you thought this plan would work or not , but you have to think of something else ! "

" I know already ! "

The big shadow surprised them by attacking each of them exactly according to their weaknesses . It blasted Junpei away with sharp as blade wind , and when Yukari tried to heal him , she was shocked with lightning . Minato tried to defend her , but he was using Jack Frost as his Persona and was blasted with an explosive fireball to the face . Even when he switched to Alp to decrease the accuracy of the shadow like he did in Tartarus , he was struck with an icepick to the shoulder . It was like the shadow could read their weakness faster than Minato and Minako could switch between Personas . It seem that it had the same ability to scan the target that Mitsuru had , except its ability was faster and more accurate

They fell one by one against the many shadows and the big shadow attacking them with their weaknesses over and over . The team felt their mind going numb and their vision blurring . Minato thought he could not wait for his sister to take action forever . They were losing , and she had no answers . It was time he take the lead and turn the tide of the battle , wether she wanted or not .

Except , he didn't know how , while the shadow was striking their weaknesses effortlessly , it didn't have any visible weaknesses . Nothing that they could do would stun it . Even worse , it could strike their weaknesses just as easy for it as it was impossible for them . If the fight had been normal , Minato could just chip away at the shadow's stamina until they knock it down completely , but time was not on their side , and the shadows that were summoned would heal any damage they could dish out fast than they could deliver . Minato's only response was to force himself to call stronger Personas to his aid again like he did last time , but this time he couldn't . While it was very hard for him to call Personas beyond his control , this time it was basically impossible . He had taken way too many hits , many of which were his weaknesses , and he had been switching between Personas a lot in a desperate effort to fool the shadow . The very idea of calling strong Personas caused him such a headache that he would momentarily lose conscious in place . There was indeed nothing he could do this time ... his sister was all the hope they had left .