Monorail madness ! - part 2

Start from the beginning

"It's the shadow controlling it... it knows you're in there ! "

" it can control the monorail ?! " Minato exclaimed

" what should we do ?! " Yukari was freaking out

" guys ! " Minako exclaimed with a reassuring smile on her face " calm down ! Let's stick together and we won't be ambushed ! "

" r—right "

" be ready for anything ! " Mitsuru said " if the shadow can control the monorail , that means you're in its clutches ! Proceed with extreme caution ! "

The four young SEES members were on edge ever since they were trapped in the monorail . They felt surrounded , vulnerable and claustrophobic . They were up against a strong shadow , one that can apparently control electric machines . If they had to fight a shadow they couldn't defeat , they wouldn't get the chance to escape . It's either victory or death . The hair on their backs was standing on end , and they were sweating bullets . Their eyes were wide open for any movement . One hand was on a weapon , the other was on an evoker .

However , as they walked from one compartment to the other , they noticed the place was eerily quiet . No shadows anywhere .

" this is disturbing ! " Yukari shook her head in dismay " this silence is going to drive me insane ! Especially when we're trapped like that ! "

" are we really trapped , though ? "

Minato took the emergency hammer and slammed it on the window , but he felt his bones grow numb from hit . It was like he punched a brick wall with his bare fists . It was probably the power of the shadow that made the monorail impenetrable .

" are you kidding me ?! " Junpei was shocked

" guys ! Calm down ! " Minako yelled at them " we weren't actually going to leave the shadow and escape , were we ? "

" well , I thought it would relieve the pressure if you knew there was an escape route " Minato said

" thanks , but I don't feel any pressure ! " Minako seemed confident , even gutsy " nobody is gonna get hurt , not on my watch ! "

She turned and proceeded forward , just as a shadow dropped from the ceiling right in front of her . She was so startled by that she fell on her back and screamed . She quickly grabbed her naginata and slashed it , but it nimbly dodged her attack . The four were prepared to attacked , but it hovered away from them into more distant compartments . It had appeared so suddenly that it shook what little confidence they had , even Minako was slightly shaken by that , but she quickly brushed it off and stood up .

" that's our target ? " Minato raised an eyebrow looking puzzled at the direction where the shadow went

" for being so strong , it looked way too small "

" hurry , we're gonna lose it ! " Junpei began running after it

" wait ! something seems off ! " Minako held his arm before calling Mitsuru " senpai , is that the shadow we're supposed to fight "

" no , I don't get the same powerful reading from it . I think it might be a trap ! "

" thought so " Minako turned to her teammates " we should be care—"

" ugh ! Forget this ! " Junpei snatched his arm from Minako's grasp " If you're so scared , you can stay back and watch me become the hero ! "

Junpei ran after the shadow , leaving his friends behind . Minako was about to chase after him but a shadow dropped from the ceiling and attacked her . Yukari healed her quickly with her Persona while Minato was casting wind at the shadow . Minako looked at Yukari thoughtfully before running after Junpei , screaming at her brother " stay with Yukari ! I'll chase after Junpei ! He has no healing sources ! "