Heart of the samuria

Beginne am Anfang

" actually , I promised ... Yukari I'd help her with her ... uh ... Maths homework !  " Minako tried her best to wiggle her way out of it while keeping her ego intact

" we don't have any homework today "

" of course we do ! Don't tell me you actually forgot to do the homework ! "

" I didn't forget because it didn't exist ... " Minato realized what was going on and shook his head before sighing " fine , go meet with Yukari ... and while you're at it , ask her to give you a tour around the clubs in this school "

" I ... I don't need a tour ! "

" whatever "

The two were separated , and Minato started wondering again what in the world he was dragging himself to . Social links ? Training for Tartarus ? How he missed the days when he didn't have to put up with any of that ... he was sure that his sister felt the same way , evidenced by the fact that she didn't look for clubs at all . In fact , back in their previous school she joined the literature club just so that it would be written that she joined a club . Minato joined a football club because it felt satisfying for him to take his frustration on the ball , but teamwork and  friendship were more like taxes he had to pay for the chance to let out some steam . Nevertheless , complaining would not change anything , this had become his life and he must accept it .

That was his train of thoughts as the coach introduced him to his club mates as well as the club manager Yuko Nishiwaki. He was told that he would be an official member tomorrow after they prepare a club uniform for him .

" so you're gonna be a member in our club starting tomorrow ? " one of the members approached him " I'm Kazushi Miyamoto , but you can call me Kaz "

" okay ... nice to meet you . I'm Minato Arisato "

" I know who you are ... the entire school knows who you are , you're Yukari's boyfriend , that alone makes you famous ! "

" this again ? " Minato sighed " I'm nobody's boyfriend , we are living in the same dorm and she insisted to accompany us to school because it was our first day , we don't even go to school together anymore ! "

" well that's better . Here there is no place for love , it's all about strength and determination ! You'd better believe I'm not gonna go easy on you just because you're a new member ! "

" I see " Minato liked being challenged on his first day " I just hope you can keep up with me ! "

Minato was on his way to leave the school when he saw the club manager at the gate . He thought he could talk to her more about the sport . Even though he joined the club to improve his fighting skills , the kendo club was going for a more rigid fighting style with more rules than what he was accustomed to when he fought the shadows , so he decided to ask her if they could walk home together . Yuko declined the offer politely saying she was in a hurry , before asking him how his first day was . He told her what he thought about the club , trying his best to avoid mentioning Tartarus , and he made a quick reference about Kazushi , and boy was that a mistake ! He found himself on the receiving end of an extensively long rant from Yuko about the club members in general and Kazushi specifically , she said that all they have in their minds is practice , and she has to clean up after them and manage their mess , comparing them to kindergarten children or maybe even the daycare . Her rant was especially focused on Kazushi . However , behind that angry manager exterior lied the personality of a caring big sister and Minato was amazed by how responsible and considerate she was toward her club , even if she was preaching about it excessively .