a new life

It was almost midnight . The two twins sat in the backseat as their parents sat in the front seat of their family's car . The sound of the car dashing on the empty road was lulling them to sleep .

Their mother peered at them from behind her seat and smiled sweetly " finally , they slept "

" Mmh " the little boy murmured in his sleep " still awa...ke... "

" La...sagna ... " His sister murmured

" Some dream must she be having " their father chuckled

" She must be tired after the serious tantrum she threw when she heard we were moving away from Iwatodai ... If it weren't for her brother's encouragement she wouldn't have gotten in the car ! "

For a while , the father was driving calmly , when the car lights suddenly revealed a blond , short haired girl in the middle of the road . The car skidded away from her . The father lost control over the car and it crashed at the bridge .

It was late at night , the monorail was dashing through the tunnels

It was late at night , the monorail was dashing through the tunnels . There sat a boy whose eyes were fixated on the floor , and headphones in his ears shutting him from the outside world . On his shoulder rested a redhead girl who was peacefully sleeping as if nothing in the world matters .

" Due to a malfunction in the railroad tracks , today's schedule has been greatly altered , we apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused " the tired conductor spoke through the microphone to the passengers . Besides the boy and the girl , though , there were not that many passengers .

" Next station , Iwatodai "

The boy noticed the monorail slowing down . He took out his headphones and looked to see them stopping at a station .

" Wake up , sis " he shook the girl slightly

" Yes , grandma " the girl dreamily reached out to her brother's nose and twisted it " I'll turn off the TV "

" Ouch ! " The boy freed himself from her grasp before shaking her again " c'mon , sleepy head ! We're already late ! "

" Huh ? " The girl's eyes sleepily fluttered open " oh ... Hey , bro bro ... "

As they left the monorail , the boy's eyes looked at the clock of the station for a second before turning to his sister " see ? It's almost midnight ? "

" I'm sleepy " the girl yawned

" No , you're sleeping ! " He sighed " listen , just hang on until we make it to the dorm , then you can stuff your head in the pillow and sleep all you want "

" Pillow ... " A silly grin appeared on the girl's face she rubbed her eyes and tried to put on a more active face " okay , Minato , you got it "

As soon as she said that , the whole place turned dark . All the lights went out and the two were left in the darkness