Hot

You know the score by now, I was alone with Mello at the mafia.

He was complaining about people hitting on him.

"People just hit on me because I'm hot and stylish. No one actually cares about me, they just want me for sex."

I felt bad because I knew I was probably the same. It wasn't like I even knew him outside the mafia. I was just incredibly attracted to him.

"At least you can use it to your advantage," I said.

"Yeah," He sighed. "I'd rather use my brain than my body, but I'll use any means necessary. I don't go as far as to sleep with them though. I'm not some fucking whore, I may dress like one but I actually think sex is a sacred thing. I'd only do that with someone I love."

He was staring at me for some reason, probably to check I was listening?

" Well, I don't have that problem, "I laughed." No one ever wants me."

"Don't be so sure,"He replied.

"What?"

"What? Get back to work, why are you sitting there chatting?" He glared at me.

"Oh, sorry," I apologised, not even realising that he was one who'd started chatting to me first.

I turned back to my work and he stood up and started to walk away. He stopped as he passed me and handed me his half eaten chocolate bar.

"Here, have this," He said and hurried away.

That's weird, since when does he share his chocolate? And why was he blushing?

After that, I made sure never to show any interest in him, even though I obviously was interested in him. I didnt want him to think I was the same, just wanting him for sex, and I probably was the same. More than anything I felt this strange need to protect him. I knew he was more than capable of protecting himself, yet I wanted to be there for him emotionally. It wasn't my place to even try though.

He was too good for me and I had to accept that. Thoughts of doing things to him drove me crazy, but I couldn't. We lived in different worlds and I could never access his world. That's just how it was.