Nikki-Kun Is Always Listless

[Fluff fic inspired by the anime Tanaka-kun Is Always Listless, it's awesome, you should watch it. Tanaka-kun is me so I had to do this]

😴 😴 😴

I grew up in an orphanage/institute for gifted children, Wammy's House. It's lucky I was gifted, because I literally couldn't stay awake long enough to actually take a whole class. The teachers gave up trying to wake me, as they knew I'd always pass my exams anyway. They were glad if I was conscious for at least part of their classes.

It wasn't an issue until I started falling asleep on my way to class, thus holding the classes up. It wasn't the teachers who were bothered, but another student. His name was Mello and he was ranked number 2 in the school. He was determined to be number one and became successor to a great detective known as L. So he wasn't happy that I was disrupting our classes.

One day I was on my way to class and stopped to lean against a corridor wall. My eyes closed and I started drift off. I was used to waking up on the floor but this time I felt myself being lifted up instead of falling. I opened my eyes and I was facing what appeared to be someone's ass in black jeans. I was hanging upside down, facing the ground and moving. I realised I was being carried over someone's shoulder. I tried to look up and noticed a hand on my ass. My movement alerted the person who quickly removed it, and I saw the unmistakable blonde bob of Mello. His arms were surprisingly strong, he was thin but tall.

We arrived at the classroom and he placed me on a chair beside his. I fell asleep before I could ask him what that was about. My head was resting on my hand as usual, until my arm fell asleep and my head hit the desk and woke me up. Mello frowned at me, then pointed at his shoulder, so I leaned my head on it. He woke me up at the end of class. My head was still on his shoulder and his arm was around me.

"I'll carry you to all our classes from now on. I'm tired of missing out because of you," He told me.

"I'm just tired," I said and started to fall back asleep, but he poked my shoulder.

"Don't fall asleep during a conversation," He scolded me.

"I always do," I replied with a huge yawn.

He shook his head with a tsk noise, stood up and put me back over his shoulder. Everyone soon got used to the sight of him carrying me around. I was kind of nervous at first as he was well known for his emotional outbursts and rage, but we quickly became friends.

One afternoon he forgot to bring me back to my room after classes, so I spent the rest of the day asleep on his bed while he studied and his roommate Matt played games. Mello got sleepy and fell asleep himself, so I accidentally spent the night in his bed. I woke up with his arms around me and if felt good, really good. After that I just stayed there every night. (Don't tell Watari!)

Another day we were working on our homework together in his room but spent more time talking and laughing. Matt kept singing the same song on repeat in the background. I blushed and went quiet when I realised what song it was. Because I'd gone quiet, Mello soon recognised the song and blushed too. The song was Something There from Beauty And The Beast.

"I'm just gonna go asleep," I said and laye my head on his pillow.

"Yeah I'm gonna study," He said quickly.

For once I couldn't sleep. I kept opening my eyes to look at Mello. I knew I'd been feeling something for him lately, but was it love or? I didn't know but when Matt left the room after a while and Mello shook my shoulder and asked;

"Nikki, are you awake? Will you - will you be my girlfriend?"

I sprang up, threw my arms around him and shouted "Yes!"

😍😍😍

Christmas came and I gave him red rosary beads and leather gloves. He gave me a red fluffy jumper (sweater) I loved it but when I tried it on, I got stuck in it, it was half way over my head and I couldn't move. Mello laughed a lot as he helped me fix it.

"You don't know how to put a jumper on?" He giggled.

"I always wear hoodies with zips, they're easier put on."

"I should have known," He rolled his eyes but smiled fondly.

Valentines Day came and we gave each other chocolate, both being chocoholics. Mello awkwardly told me that he'd gotten permission for us to go out on a date. I got ready in my room and he collected me from there.

"Bring an umbrella, it looks like it's going to rain," He said.

"I don't have one," I replied and gave me a questioning look. "They're too heavy and tiring to carry, so I always end up leaving them somewhere anyway."

"You can share mine," He sighed.

We got the bus into town and went to the cinema. I slept through most of it but we held hands and kissed on the lips in between my naps. We went to WcD's after and then back to his room in Wammy's, where we had our first proper kiss (make out!)

We were inseparable, everyone said we'd end up getting married and they were right.