Assassin

"Always assassinate the target with a method that brings a smile to your face." ~ Koro-sensei (Assassination Classroom)

I was a world renowned assassin, or at least known in the assassin world. I usually worked independently and freelanced, but when I was asked to join the mafia in LA, I saw it as a chance to strengthen my skills. My skills were already first class but I'd have access to a lot of money and to more equipment that I could take advantage of.

Being a professional assassin required much physical and mental strength. I'd spent years hardening my heart against people so as not to get hurt, so killing them didn't bother me. I was well aware of the golden rule "except the unexpected" and the last thing I expected was to lose my heart, yet that's exactly what happened once I started at the mafia. All the walls I'd build up to protect myself came crashing down with just one look at a certain Armin Alert lookalike.

I knew about the infamous Mello who'd taken over the mafia and was even tougher than Rod Ross, the original leader. This dude apparently hadn't even blinked an eye at the sudden appearance of a death god. I looked forward to working with this badass, I was sure we could challenge each other and learn from one another.

Little did I know the sexy bastard would steal my heart (of course you, the reader, already knew) He was hot as hell but I also admired the fuck out of him. He had such strong determination to be the best. I'd been like that but it got a bit old being the best all the time, I'd already accomplished everything I'd wanted to by now. I only still killed out of boredom, and because I needed the money of course. But Mello was so ruthless and damn clever, yet he wasn't afraid to show how emotional he was. I was just as emotional but had kept all mine bottled up for a long time. Even then I made sure not to show how I felt about him. Sometimes I wondered if I wanted to be with him, or just to be him. But whenever I wasn't concentrating on work, my mind was on him. I wanted him so badly, I couldn't stop thinking about holding him, kissing him and well, other stuff.

The place I had thought would strengthen me had only managed to weaken me. My skills were still on form, but my heart was slowly dying. I was in love with Mello and it was killing me. The best I could do was assist him with his work and try to impress him as an assassin. I had no hopes of ever being anything more to him. The one thing I'd never won at was romance and I'd long given up even trying. If I could help him achieve his goal, I'd gladly be second to someone for once, just to see him smile.