The Dark Side (4)

"Don't you think you said enough last time?" I asked Mello.

"Y/N, I was an idiot. I want you to come back."

"I'm not interested in the mafia anymore." I told him.

"Not back to the mafia, back to me."

"Is this some sick joke? You said you don't even like me." I reminded him.

"Because I didn't know. It wasn't until you were gone that I missed you, not just your work but you. And then I realised that I do like you."

"Well it's too late, I'm with Light now."

He tried to kiss me but I stopped him.

"That's not fair, Mello. You can't do that. I told you I'm with Light."

"You don't love him, you never loved him, you love me and you're just being stubborn because it took me a bit longer, but I'm here now."

"How dare you..." I shook my head at him.

"Don't lie, I can see it all over your face."

I turned my head away because he was right, I was already close to tears.

"You can't tell me you don't feel anything." He took my face gently in his hands and kissed me. I kissed him back because he was right, I felt everything for him. [A/N - Not that, you perverts. Well not yet anyway]

"Well, does he make you feel that way?" He asked softly, leaning his forehead against mine.

"No." I admitted.

He pushed my hair out of my face. "You don't have to come back to the mafia, you don't have to do anything, but please come home with me."

I nodded, smiling through tears as I took his hand and walked away from the pub with him.

Matt was waiting half way down the street. "Woo, you got your girl!" He tried to high five Mello.

"Shut up, you dork!" Mello scoffed at him, pulling me closer to his side.

Matt just winked at me, grinning around the cigarette in his mouth. Mello took a bar of chocolate out of his pocket.

"At least some things never change." I teased.

He stopped walking and kissed me again. "I love you!" He screamed, before biting into the chocolate.

"Me or the chocolate?" I asked.

"Both!" He screamed louder.

"And what about me?"

"Shut up, Matt!"