Kids With Guns

NSFW

[Warning - Contains violence and murder]

"Never asked what's wrong
Only laughed as I cried."

*Mello pov*

I was never really a happy child. I had good memories but also nightmares. I always tried to be "good" but somehow I was always in trouble. My sister was always the good one so I always felt that my parents loved her more than me. I had some friends in school but I was never good enough so they always found someone better.

I was mostly ok though, I had a home and family and I was good at schoolwork. All that changed when I was ten and my family were killed in a car accident. I was sent to a foster home until somewhere permanent was found for me.

I was shown to my room and my roommate made a face at me.

"That's not a boy." He complained.

"Shut your mouth, I AM A boy!" I shouted.

"Don't you dare speak like that in this house." The foster lady said.

"But he said - "

"I don't care." She called out to the foster man to tell him. He came in and gave me a scornful look, then grabbed me by my blonde bobbed hair.

"Watch your mouth, sissy boy, unless you want a slap in the face."

"Sissy boy, sissy boy." Chanted the roommate.

As soon as the adults left I went over and beat the crap out of him.

"What were you saying?" I asked as I stood over his bruised and bloody body. He started yelling and the foster parents came back and hauled me out of there.

"Good riddance!" I yelled as a support worker took me away.

A few hours later I was told I'd be going to an orphanage.

"It's called Wammy's House and it's for gifted children, like you. You won't have time to be angry because you'll be working hard."

I'd be working towards becoming successor to the world's greatest detective, known as L. I finally had a purpose and was determined to be chosen.

But of course it didn't work out how I wanted. I was only ever second place, behind an albino sheepboy. I tried my hardest but as usual it was never enough.

There was one idiot who kept making fun of my appearance and calling me a girl, until I almost knocked his head off with a football.

"That hurt, Mello!"

"Haha!" I replied, then grabbed his friend by the hair and dragged him along until he begged me to stop. No one made fun of me again.

When I was fourteen, L was killed at the hand of the notorious killer known as Kira. The lazy slacker hadn't chosen his successor and it was suggested I work with Near (the sheepboy) so I said no thanks (though not so politely) and left Wammy's House instead.

My roommate Matt, the only person I cared about, didn't even look up from his game when I told him I was leaving, he just said "Yeah seeya." Above everything, that really stung and I held back tears as I grabbed my stuff and left our room.

[A/N - The sad thing is Matt did care, but he didn't realise Mello had meant he was leaving for good, or he would have stopped him]

I joined a gang and they were all a bunch of assholes but I learned some shit from them. I was still so mad at everyone and everything. I was still hurt at not feeling good enough for my parents, but they were dead so there was nothing I could do. I could make everyone at Wammy's House pay though. I knew about school shootings, and I had my own gun.

I made my way back "home." I was stronger than I looked so I just kicked the door down and stormed in. The first person I shot was Near and then the rest of the fools.

I left my old friend for last. He was still playing his damn video game.

"I fucking loved you!" I yelled before shooting him.

I strolled back out casually. Wammy's House was private and secluded. I'd left no one alive and I'd be long gone before the bodies were found.

I burned my leather gloves to get rid of my fingerprints, then switched to wearing a new pair. Then I shoved my gun back down the front of my leather pants.

I was going to America to take over the mafia. I had a Kira to catch and I'd kill anyone who got in my way.

[Music ~ Kids With Guns by Crazy M on Spotify]