Untitled Mafia Fic (7)

I helped Mello remove the bandages when his wounds were healed enough to do so.

"Will you come with me to see how I look?" He asked.

I took his hand and we went into his room so he could look in the full length mirror inside his wardrobe. He opened the door slowly and was silent as he looked. The burn marks covered the left side of his face, neck and side. I put my arms around his waist and hugged him to me, waiting for him to speak. He closed the wardrobe door with a sigh and turned to face me.

"Am I ugly?" He barely whispered.

"No, you could never be ugly, not to me," I pulled him into a hug, being careful not to hurt him.

"Y/N, I have another plan and I don't know if I'll live or die this time."

"No, that's not fair Mello. The night we got together I told you that you weren't alone anymore. So you can't just go and leave me alone," I broke into sobs and he held me tightly.

"I don't want to die now that I have you."

"Then don't. Please Mello, I need you. If you die I'll die with you, you know that. Forget about Kira, just let Near win, so what? Isn't what we have more important?"

He kissed me before replying.

"Of course it is. Why are you so amazing?"

"I'm not, I just love you."

[I don't really know where else to go with this, so here's a fav MattxMello cosplay video. You can decide for yourself if we lived or if Mello was too stubborn and went ahead anyway]