Mafia Job (Lucky Seven)

Mello and I sat on the couch together, looking for something to watch on his laptop. His couch was awesome and so comfortable. I'd only worked on a desk chair so far.

We decided on some silly comedy movie. We had loads of chocolate of course, and Rod brought us some popcorn and soft drinks. He was still working in one of the other rooms.

"Have fun! You could both use some relaxation time."

Mello kept checking I was ok and had the snacks I wanted, then we started watching. It was a fun light movie, and he kept giggling quietly. I laughed a lot too.

Without realising, I found myself moving closer and cuddling into him. He didn't mention it, I think we both just felt comfortable. My gaze moved from the screen to Mello. He was smiling and it was lovely to see him so content. It was probably the first time I'd even seen him smiling rather than angry and authoritative. He turned his head to look at me and I realised his eyes were a beautiful colour and their shape was amazing. It suddenly hit me that he was stunning. His smile was directed at me and I felt butterflies.

"It's nice," I said, smiling back at him.

"What is?"

"This. Being here with you."

"I think you're nice. I like you, but I wish you liked me back," He looked away sadly.

I rubbed his arm.

"Maybe I do," I said softly.

He looked back at me in surprise.

"So maybe you could kiss me. I'd like that," I told him.

He smiled so wide and we both moved so our lips could meet. We kissed softly for a little while, before he deepened the kiss. He held me close for ages. He felt all warm and cosy, and I was so happy. I couldn't believe I made him feel the same way. I was on cloud nine, it was such an unexpected twist to our day.

(Author-chan doesn't even know how to end this chapter, other than lots of happy feels) 😊