Flatmates (2)

I thought all week about what Matt had said, that I should tell Mello how I felt. Maybe he was right, at least if (when) Mello rejected me I'd know I need to get over it.

We'd planned a party that weekend, so I decided I'd try to tell him then. I'd bought him a shitload of chocolate, I wanted to do something special for him, I also figured he wouldn't hate me for liking him if I sweetened him up.

The night of the party came and I was busy handing out drinks and party food, and mingling. I kept my eye on Mello but lost him at some point. I asked a random person if they knew where he was, they thought he'd gone to his room maybe.

I stopped at my room to get the chocolate. I'd had a few drinks for courage. 'Don't drink too much, but always drink enough' was my motto.

I went to his room with literally armfuls of chocolate. I managed to knock on the door and got no reply. I knocked again a few times before opening the door to check he was ok.

He was lying on his bed, on top of some guy as they made out. I felt my face fall and he turned his head to look at me. I muttered an apology and left quickly.

I hurried back to my room, dropped the chocolate on the end of my bed and curled up on it as tears soaked my pillow.