Chocolate Number 1

I was on my way to work and stopped at a shop because I was early. One of the first things I saw was a large gold-wrapped medal that said number one. It was made of chocolate, it was so perfect for Mello that I had to buy it for him. It was only a dollar and it was perfect timing as I was working alone with him that day.

When I arrived at the hideout and handed it to him, he stared at it silently. I suddenly felt nervous and these thoughts ran through my mind.

"What if he thinks it's stupid? Or worse, that I'm mocking him? He's a mafia boss, not some child. Why am I such a baka, can I just die now?"

But then he looked up and smiled.

"Thank you," He said.

We got right down to work. We were working on different things and I pretended not to notice that he kept glancing from the medal (which was beside him) to me. My stomach was full of butterflies because alone with him.

"Do you think I can do it though? Do you think I can be number one?" He asked suddenly.

I glanced up from my work for a second to reply.

"I think you can do anything, Mello."

I went on with what I was doing until he asked another question.

"What about you, what's the one thing you've always wanted?"

I put my pen down and looked at him seriously.

"That's changed throughout my life. Since coming here, the only thing I want is you. I want to kiss you, be your girlfriend, or even just help you enough to make you happy."

He looked shocked, I noticed his lips part slightly. He stared at me until I looked away, blushing. I don't know why I'd said that, it was true, but I hadn't meant to tell him. I decided the best thing to do was go back to my work, like it was no big deal, even though it was to me.

We worked in more silence until lunchtime. I was making tea when I heard him walk up behind me. Just as I went to turn my head, I felt his lips on my neck. He kissed it for a second, then grabbed my waist and turned me around to face him. He was wearing the medal and he gave me an intense look before leaning his head towards me. He paused so I titled my head up and kissed him. We kissed for a while, then stood holding each other. He took his head off my shoulder and touched my face.

"Whether I win or lose this case, I want you by my side. As a work partner, but also...you know, as mine."

He was blushing all shades of red, it was adorable. And sexy, very, very sexy.

I nodded. "I want that too."

*Goes to make hot chocolate* 🍫☕