After Work

It was Christmas Eve and I stayed after work (in the mafia) to help the boss, Mello. We were working on tracing some rouge mafia dude but getting nowhere. Mello was getting more and more frustrated with each wrong lead we followed. (We were searching online by the way, in the deep web)

"Want me to make you a hot chocolate?" I offered.

"No, why don't you just go home to your boyfriend?" He snapped.

"I'm just trying to help you, if you don't want me here then fine, I'll leave," I stood up to go.

"Wait, Y/N. That's not what I meant," He reached out and touched my arm to stop me. "I just thought you'd rather be with him right now than with me."

I say back down beside him.

"I don't have a boyfriend so don't worry. You're my boyfriend now," I joked, luckily he got the joke and smiled. I'm not sure why I was brave enough to make such a joke with him.

"I have an idea," I said and started typing something on his laptop. I noticed after a minute that he was staring at me.

"What? This might work."

"No it's not that, I just can't believe you don't have a boyfriend."

"Well, shit happens. So anyway, if we do this..."

I continued on with the work while he continued staring at me.

"You're so pretty though," He said.

I blushed and looked at him. His face was so close to mine.

"Mello, if you want to kiss me, just kiss me," I replied softly.

He smiled, leaned in and kissed me. He stopped after a minute to move the laptop out of the way so we could get closer. His kisses were amazing, his mouth felt lovely and he tasted of chocolate of course. He stopped again and swept the files and stuff off the table in front of us, then lifted me up and placed me on it.

"So romantic," I laughed. He shut me up by lying on me and kissing me some more. His phone started ringing and he ignored it but it kept ringing on and on.

"Just answer it, it's killing the mood," I told him.

He growled and moved off me to grab his phone.

"What do you want, Rod?" He listened and then, "No I'm not working on it right now, I'm busy with Y/N." Pause. "What the fuck are we doing? Well she's lying on the table and I was on top of her until you disturbed us and..."

He turned back to me. "He hung up. Fucking ejjit."

We both laughed, "I must be spending too much with you, I'm saying ejjit now."

"Well if you really want to be Irish, you say fecking ejjit."

"Anyway, where were we?" He climbed back on top of me and ran a hand up my leg.

"Oh shit, Mello, we can't do anything."

"Oh, you don't want to?"

"It's not that, but I have my period."

"Oh damn." He looked disappointed as he sat back up.

"Yeah, sorry," I sighed.

"Not your fault. But hey, girls in their period need chocolate."

"Is that why you always eat chocolate?"

"Shut up!" He reached under the table and pulled out a box of chocolate bars, then handed me some. "I'm sharing my chocolate with you, you're privileged."

We both sat back on the couch to eat chocolate.

"Chocolate is usually better than sex anyway," I said.

"That's because you haven't had sex with me yet," He smirked.

"Ugh, don't tease me," I groaned.

"Do you wanna stay in mine? I won't try anything, we can just talk and then go asleep. And kiss."

"And eat chocolate," I added.

"Of course."

*Le Timeskip brought to you by 20 boxes of Mello's chocolate*

I woke up the next morning, lying beside a sleeping Mello. He was shirtless so I checked out his chest. Very nice. He still wore his rosary beads. I touched them and started saying the rosary out of old habit.

"The Angel of the Lord declared onto Mary, and she concieved of The Holy Spirit."

Mello woke up and asked,"What on Earth are you saying?"

"I'm saying The Angelus."

"How do you even know that?"

"I'm Irish, I had to learn the damn thing in school."

"You shouldn't curse while talking about prayer," He complained.

"Well you shouldn't kill people while wearing religious jewellery, but that doesn't stop you."

That shut him up.

"Chocolate?" I asked.

"Chocolate."