(Previously) Fight

[A/N - I decided to write the scene leading up to the chapters Fight 1-4]

I'd been working with Mello and Matt for weeks now, but Mello and I spent more time arguing than anything else. But I really, really wanted him. I was ready to tear my hair out and bitching to my flatmate about him yet again.

"Honestly Y/N, why do you stay if he bothers you so much?"

"I'm interested in the work."

"But there's loads of work you're capable of doing. He's just stressing you out, it doesn't sound worth it."

"Yeah but..." I tried to think of some excuse, and her eyes widened.

"Oh my God, I get it. You love him!"

"No, well yeah. What do I do, <friend name> I want him so bad, it's driving me crazy." I was ready to cry. "Does it sound like he might like me?" I asked.

"Honestly, no. But it sounds like you deliberately aggravate him a lot too, so maybe try to chill the fuck out and speak to him like a normal human being."

"Ugh, I can't do it." I whined.

"Yes you can, just mellow out a bit. Actually, you need to mellow out a lot, girl."

"Fucking right I do." I smiled and she laughed as she remembered his name.

"You need to mellow out with Mello!"

"I need to do a lot of things with Mello." I smirked.

"Ok, keep that talk for him." We both laughed so hard.

*The next day*

I tried to be nice to him, but he still pissed me off and we got into a screaming match in his sitting room. Matt left us to it, after trying to calm us down but giving up.

We ended up in his bedroom, standing beside his bed and arguing about the desk he kept in there.

"You should have my files organised and ready for me at all times!" Mello ordered.

"Tidy your own goddamn room, you lazy incompetent moron!"

"Who the fuck do you think you are?!" He yelled.

"I'm Y/N fucking L/N, who the fuck are you?!" I yelled right back.

"I'm your goddamn boss, so show me some respect, woman!"

He pulled his gun out of his pants and tried to point it at me but I smacked it out of his hand.

"God Mello, do you have any idea how frustrating it is loving you?!" I screamed.

He went dead silent and stared at me.

"You mean working with me?" He asked quietly.

"No, I mean loving you." I couldn't hide it anymore and my eyes pleaded with him. "Please just love me back" they begged.

"Oh." He seemed shocked, but not in a bad way (I hoped?)

He slowly reached his hand out to me and I took it. His eyes met mine and he stepped forward.

"I didn't know." He smiled, then leaned down to kiss me. I knew I'd go through all of the fights again just to have this moment. He tasted delicious as we slowly got used to each other's lips before our tongues joined and we kissed more passionately. He pulled me closer and we wrapped our arms around each other as we continued making out.

The door opened and Matt shouted at us in shock. "What the fuck?"

"Get out!" Mello yelled at him until he left, then he pulled me onto his bed.

~ To be continued in my dreams tonight ~ (I hope)