Mafiaso (2)

*Author pov*

Mello returned to his mafia base the following afternoon.

"Well, did you get the information?" L asked.

"No."

"What do you mean no?"

"I mean no."

"What were you doing all night then?" Near asked.

"He was fucking her, obviously." Matt answered.

"Yeah, you wouldn't know about that, Near." Mello smirked.

"But how could you not get the information from her? You never fail us."

"Because I didn't try. I fell in love instead." Mello announced proudly.

L, Matt and Near just stared at him.

"This had better be a fucking joke." Matt broke the silence.

"I'm deadly serious. I love her."

"You'll have to go back to her and do your actual job. How many times have I told you to keep your emotions out of it?" L said sternly.

"Fuck you all! You're always telling me not to feel how I feel, well I'm not like you, I can't suppress my emotions and maybe I'm tired of this shitty life and just want to spend my life with someone I love! Is that too much to ask for?!" Mello yelled this whole speech.

"You chose this life, Mello. You knew you'd never be able to walk away from it. When you make a choice you have to deal with the consequences."

"I'll do whatever I want! I'll live my own way!"

With that Mello stormed back out.