Choose (3)

Raito and I stayed in touch as promised. We met daily at the same cafe. He was kind to me but he seemed a little too interested in Mello.  He tended to try and veer the subject back to him all the time and asked a lot of questions about him. I enjoyed his company but I wasn't so comfortable with all the questions. He tried to be subtle about it but I saw right through it. I knew I had to be careful of what I told strangers about Mello anyway. The last thing I wanted to do was put the fucker in danger. I still thought about him all the time but I told Raito I was trying to move on so would rather not talk about him. He said he understood but I could tell it bothered him. Again, it was subtle, but it was there. Most people probably wouldn't have caught it, but I was one of those intuitive types. I never let on though. Despite my suspicions, I never once thought he might be Kira. I tried to ignore any unease as I just wanted a friend. Looking back, it seems more obvious, though things always are when you know.

But luckily, my ex-boyfriend was a genius detective and we were to meet again. He kept calling and texting me, I didn't answer his calls but his texts begged me to meet him.

I need to see you, please... XXX

I knew how persistent he was so I gave in and agreed. He'd never leave me alone otherwise and I couldn't bring myself to block his number. I didn't tell Raito any of this. He wouldn't be happy about it and it was none of his business anyway, it was between Mello and I. Even thinking his name still made my heart ache.

I was terrified. I feared he might just say things that would hurt me more. Or if he wanted me back, I wouldn't be able to say no and I'd end up hurt again. It seemed like lose-lose situation but I needed to see him too.