Sexy Mafia Asshole (2)

[I'm still dying at that title. Mello-kun, what are you doing to my poor mind? 😂 I love you baby, don't hate me]

We worked on the problem and everyone else left in the meantime. Mello kept looking at his watch.

"We should call it a day, I guess," He said.

"NO! I need to do this while I'm in the right mindset. But I need your help too. I'm going home with you."

"Um, ok sure,"He blushed a bit but didn't protest.

He didn't live far so we walked there quickly and I got straight back to work.

"I'm THIS close, Mello!" I shouted when he tried to ask if I needed a drink or anything.

He left me to it and I finally cracked it. He was pleased and seeing him smile at me again melted my little heart.

"It's late now, should I call you a cab?" He asked.

"Yeah, say I'm a cab!" I laughed but he didn't get it. "No, I refuse to pay their extobre, extortion, scandalous fucking prices! What's that word, I don't know. I'm staying here."

"Right, then I should be a gentleman and let you take my bed, I'll sleep on the couch."

"You're not sleeping on the couch, I'll sleep in beside you, it's fine," I told him.

He looked a bit worried, well I wa quite hyper with my achievement, but I headed to his room and got into his bed. He got in beside me and turned his back to me. We said goodnight and despite my high mood, I soon fell asleep after he did (he snored softly, it was cute)

I woke up the next morning, sat up and looked at him. He was still asleep, lying on his back with his hair half over his face.He was so beautiful it hurt. I wanted so badly to reach out and touch his hair or face, but no doubt he'd wake up and catch me, and that would just be awkward.

I got up instead and left him to sleep. I found a red head in the kitchen, who was surprised to see me.

"Oh hi, I work with Mello, we were working here late last night so I just stayed."

"Ok cool, I'm Matt, his flatmate. I was out gaming all night, just got back. I'm making tea if you want some," He offered.

"Sure, thanks."

"Have some toast too," He pushed a plate of toast towards me.

He was nice. I chewed on a corner of some toast while he made the tea but I had no appetite so put it back with a sigh.

"You hungover?"

"No, we didn't drink at all, just work. I'm a bit lovesick I guess," I said with a shy smile.

"Oh...left your boyfriend or girlfriend at home?"

"No, I just like someone."

"Here's your tea, sorry what did you say your name was?"

"I didn't but I'm Y/N," I took a sip of sweet hot tea.

His eyes widened, "Oh, you're Y/N!"

We were interrupted right then by the grouchy chocoholic who had arisen.

"Why are you talking to her, don't talk to her," He growled at Matt.

"I'm just being friendly, Mello. We talked about that, remember?"

"Whatever, we have to go to work. Come on you," He said to me.

"Her name is Y/N, not you," Matt defended me.

I stood up, "Thanks for the tea and toast, Matt."

"You're welcome. Good luck with that grumpy fucker."

I grinned at him and followed Mello out the door like a fucking sheep. He walked quickly ahead of me. I always walk fast but it was too early in the morning.

"Come on, you're so fucking slow," He shouted over his shoulder at me.

"Well I'm tired because I was up late saving your ass!" I shouted back.

He stopped walking, turned and glared at me.

"Or maybe it's because you spend so much time letting Near fuck your ass."

I stopped walking too and glared right back at him.

"I didn't fuck him, you fucking fuckhead! And I don't appreciate you trying to whore me out, so you can just stop with this shit fucking attitude you've been giving me!"

I walked on, right past him. He stood there staring with his mouth hung open. It was too early for this bullshit, he could go fuck himself now, I'd had enough. I stormed on and heard him hurry behind me and call my name but I ignored him.

I had to stop and wait for him when I reached the building, since we were early and he had the keys. And I was crying like a stupid idiot.

"Do you want me to make you some tea, since I interrupted your tea earlier?" He asked me. I shook my head, not ready to talk.

"At least sit down with me?" I could tell he felt bad so I sat beside him.

"I'm sorry I've been such a dick," He apologised quietly.

I glanced at him, he seemed genuinely sorry.

"Well yeah, you have been a dick. But for some reason I still like you."

He smiled and lowered his head, his hair fell forward on his face in perfect symmetry. I couldn't stay mad at him, god I freaking loved him.

"I didn't do anything with Near. I'm not interested in him and he's not interested in me. I like someone else anyway."

"So what did you do the whole time?"

"We did the stupid puzzle I got him."

"Oh..." He laughed.

"And I went back yesterday to talk to him."

"Can I ask what about?"

"About you, actually. I was upset and didn't know where else to turn. He had a theory on why you were acting like that, though it was probably nonsense."

I looked away, blushing and he waited until I was ready.

"Yeah, he thought maybe you sent me as some kind of test because you like me or something."

"He knows me too well," He admitted.

I smiled and noticed him move his hand towards mine. I braved it and placed my hand on his. We were like two pre-schoolers with a first crush. Two idiots in love, I hoped.

"I like you, Mello. I like you a lot."

He squeezed my hand, "I'm glad."

"You could have just asked me, you know."

"You could have asked me."

"Nah, you're the scary Boss Man!"

"Rod Ross has been trying to ask you, I told him to try find out subtly."

"That's what all that was about? Ugh I thought he was just being creepy," We both laughed.

"I thought Matt was going to say something this morning, that's why I was so grouchy."

"You're always grouchy. You've got permanent PMT or something," I teased.

"Oh be quiet," He smiled then turned to face me all serious. "I made you cry."

I tried to look away but he took my face in his hands and turned it back. He was so close and then he was closer and we were kissing, and then...

[And then I'm going asleep now so that's it]

Mello and I didn't sleep that night.