Flatmates (1)

I'd moved into an apartment I found on a rental site online, to be closer to work. I was now living with two guys, but I had my own room of course.

The guys were a redhead named Matt who was a game addict, and a blonde named Mello who was a chocolate addict.

Fantastic.

(Decide for yourself if that was sarcasm or genuine)

It was ok there anyway, we all worked during the day and just hung around the sitting room in the evening, or I went to my room if I needed peace and quiet. Though that required wearing headphones, as Mello had a tendency to yell a lot.

I worked at (insert favourite job cos I'm too tired to think. But please not the job we call blow. That comes later) Ahem. Matt worked for a computer company and Mello worked somewhere. He was kind of cagey about it so I stopped asking.

By hanging out, I mean that Matt played his games, while Mello and I either watched some crap on tv or played music while we both read. We did all talk sometimes too, but we were also happy to just chill.

Matt was laid back and bit of a joker. Mello was flippin' crazy. He would fly off the handle over nothing, at any given time. Matt told me he had a lot of stress and pressure in his work. I soon got used to his ways and ignored his moods.

And me? Well I was just a boring nobody. Nothing to tell or see here.

So I knew I was doomed when I started crushing on Mello. He could be sweet when he wanted to be, I admired his passion (I looked at it as he was just very passionate) and he was gorgeous too.

Living with him started to get to me. I liked him so damn much and he was so close to me physically (not that type of physically, sadly) and yet so far. (Near, far, wherever you are)

One night after he'd gone to bed, Matt caught me crying into my cereal. (Yes I was eating cereal at night, so what?)

"Hey hey, what's wrong?" He asked, full of concern.

"Nothing, it's just Mello." I sobbed like a baby.

"Has he said something to you?" He sounded angry now.

"No. He hasn't said something to me. That's the point."

Matt looked at me in confusion as I cried harder.

"I'm sorry, Y/N, I don't understand. If you need me to sort him out just tell me."

I shook my head.

"No it's just, I like him. I like him a lot, you know?" I put one hand over my face, as I was blushing like a lobster.

"Oh my god. Why don't you tell him?" He asked as he finally understood. (Well I say finally, though it was only since a few sentences ago)

"I can't. He'd never like me back and he'd just feel sorry for the weird girl he's stuck living with, and just no. I'm acting like a child even now, I need to get a grip."

"Maybe he'd be glad you like him."

"I doubt it, and I'm not taking the chance. It would just ruin our living situation. Ugh, I'm gonna go sleep it off. Thanks for listening, Matt."

"Anytime."