Choose

NSFW

Mello and I were kind of dating, I guess, if he ever actually had any time for me. I was trying to get his attention when he told me to fuck off and leave him alone, again. I got up and left the room, but paused as I heard Matt have a go at him.

"You're such a fucking idiot, Mello. You've got this amazing girl who's crazy about you and you don't even care."

"I don't have time to care. I have a case to solve and you're too busy playing your stupid video games to help me."

"Whatever, fuck you Mello."

I went to Mello's room and lay on his bed to cry. I should probably just go home and stop bothering him. The door opened and Matt came in and sat on the bed beside me.

"He's a douchebag, he doesn't deserve you. It's not fair you like him when he's like that. I wish you liked me instead."

"I do like you, Matt. But Mello...well you know."

"Yeah I know, you love him. But if you like me, maybe we could try? Let me show you how much I like you, Y/N."

"Ok." I said.

His eyes widened and he moved closer to me.

"Go on." I said, and he kissed me, then pulled my trousers down and unbuckled his belt.

We had sex and I lay there quietly afterwards while he had a smoke.

"You didn't seem to enjoy it much." He said.

"I did, it's just..." I shrugged.

"Are you still thinking about him?"

I didn't answer and he stood up.

"This is ridiculous, I'm out of here." He left, slamming the door behind him.

I put my face in the pillow and cried. I could smell Mello's scent, which made me cry harder. My phone pinged and I checked to find a text from Mello.

Hey I'm sorry. Can I come see you?

I felt so unbelievably bad, but I texted back to say yes. He came in a minute later.

"I'm sorry Y/N, I'm so focused on the Kira case right now, but I like you a lot. Can you forgive me?"

I nodded but didn't answer. He hugged me but I didn't respond.

"Hey, I said I'm sorry, what's wrong?" He looked at the bed. "Wait, why are the covers all messed up? Did you and Matt...?"

Again, I didn't answer, just looked away guiltily.

"That fuck, I'll kill him." Mello said and left the room. I heard them shouting at each other from Matt's room and then they both came back.

"You have to choose between us, right now." Mello demanded.

"You know I'm better for you, Y/N." Matt said, reaching out to touch my arm, but I moved it away and looked at Mello.

"So you're still choosing him. Fine, I don't need either of you. I'm leaving, I'll go live my own way." Matt stormed out, I heard him cursing and thrashing around his room, then he left the apartment.

"Shit, I'm sorry." I said.

"For what?" Mello asked.

"For ruining your friendship."

"I don't care. I only care that you chose me. I'll be better, I promise."