Untitled Mafia Fic (3)

I woke up to the noise of Mello shouting and crying, everyone else was gone and he sounded terrified.

"Mello, what's wrong?"

He seemed relieved I was there but he was clearly shook.

"It was just a nightmare."

"You're shaking, come here," I held my arms out and he fell into them. I rubbed his back like he'd done for me the night before and held him until he calmed down.

"If you need to talk, I'm here," I told him.

"Can I tell you about my nightmare? It was about what happened when I was a child. My parents brought me into the town close to Christmas and I got lost. I walked around alone for ages before someone helped me and I never found my parents again. I ended up in an orphanage and I don't know if they lost me on purpose, but you'd think they'd try to find their missing kid, right? But they didn't so I guess they just didn't want me."

"Mello, that's so awful but they're idiots if they didn't want you. They missed out on knowing an amazing person."

He put his head on my shoulder and cried.

"I was just a kid," He sobbed.

"I know but it's ok, Mello. You're not alone now. I'm just a mafia girl but I'm here for you if you want me."

He embraced me when he finished crying.

"Thank you. I always liked you by the way, it's not just because I saw you naked. I hadn't even planned to kiss you that first time. It was the way you looked at me, I just had to kiss you."

"Mello, that's so gay."

"Shut up, mafia bitch. You're not just a mafia girl though, you can be my girl if you want."

"I'd be honoured."

[AN - I know that band! Next chapter will have some lemon]