Want (Idk What To Name This)

I was still working with Mello after the explosion in the mafia hideout. We worked in his flat, since we had no base left. We mostly did research and paperwork now. He didn't like to go outside much since he'd burned his face, and he was wanted by the police. We mostly worked alone (alone as in the two of us) His friend Matt helped us here and there. Matt was his flatmate who worked and gamed in his room most of the time. He worked online, hacking or some shit.

I'd always crushed on Mello, but I hadn't worked so close with him before. I kept staring at him instead of working, he was usually concentrating too much to notice. Even with half his face burned off, he was the most gorgeous man I'd ever met. We got along surprisingly well and my crush had blown up into love, if I dare say it. I didn't dare say it to him of course.

We were alone in the flat one day, sitting side by side on the couch. Both of us were working on the coffee table, when he reached for something but took my hand instead. I froze, assuming it was by accident, but he didn't take his hand away. He actually held mine tighter, I looked at him and he was gazing at our joined hands with a serious look on his face.

"It gets tiresome working on the same thing all the time. What if this doesn't make me happy anymore?"

He looked up at me and waited for my response. I wasn't sure why he'd decided to confide in me but I hoped I could help reassure him.

"Well, I think you should finish this case. You've worked so hard on it and I honestly think you're close. And Kira should be caught of course. After that you can think about finding something else to make you happy. Maybe just working on a different case? You're good at this."

"Right. But that's the thing, I think I've already found something that makes me happier. That's why this work doesn't seem as important anymore. There's something better now."

I grinned, "Is that something chocolate?"

He smiled, "No, that's always made me happy. Um actually, it's not a something but a someone."

"Oh..." My heart dropped a bit. I didn't think I wanted to hear this. I wanted to be there for him but this would hurt too much. He seemed so awkward too, he was still clutching my hand like it was a life line. Fuck, I didn't want to be the one he talked to about this someone, but what could I do?

"Y/N, its - it's you. I like you."

I stared at him, shook. He stared back and his eyes...his beautiful eyes were watching me, waiting for my response. I realised the time was ticking by and I hadn't said anything yet.

"I like you too," I said finally, smiling in relief. It was me he liked, it was me!

His lips started to form a smile but he paused, "Wait do you mean you like me, or you like like me?"

I laughed, "We're not school kids, Mello."

"I know but..." He hesitated and I turned to him seriously.

"Come here, Mello."

I gestured for him to move into my arms. He did and we held each other tightly for ages.

"This feels so nice," He said after a while.

"Yeah, it does," I agreed.

My lips found their way to his cheek and I kissed it. I couldn't help continuing to kiss his face, it was the scarred side but it was Mello and that's all I cared about.

He moved his lips to meet mine and kissed me, soon we were making out like crazy. We were both getting nore passionate in our kissing and I pushed him back so I could climb onto his lap. I sat facing him, one leg on either side as we made out and his hands moved to my legs and ran up my thighs. I gasped which broke our kiss. He moved his hands behind my head and stroked my hair.

"Do you want to move into my room?" He asked.

"Yes," I stood up, took his hand and we went to his room.

He looked a bit awkward again so I climbed straight into the bed, pulling him with me.

[I'll continue *with lemon* next chapter. I need to cool down a bit lol]