Be Quick (3)

[A/N - I just wanted to add some closure so it's not left at the reader possibly dead or not]

*Y/N pov*

I woke up from my nice dream to find myself sitting in a car beside Mello. His friend Matt was at the car door with his hand stretched out towards me.

"Come on, we need to bring you to A&E (ER)" He said.

I looked out the window and noticed we were outside a hospital.

"I'm fine, I don't need to go in."

"You're going in!" Mello shouted, making me jump. "I'm not letting you die or something."

"You let people die all the time." I said.

"Just do what you're told for once."

I hadn't the strength to argue so I let them bring you in. I didn't have to wait long to see the triage nurse, who said I was ok. She asked if I wanted to see a psychiatrist but I said no.

"Do you want to have a smoke first?" Mello asked Matt on our way back to the car.

"No it's ok." He said and Mello glared at him. "Oh yeah, I do actually." He handed over his car keys and disappeared. I got in the back seat with Mello.

"Why did you do it?" He asked.

"Just not much to live for." I said with a shrug.

"You've got your job and stuff."

"In the mafia, oh wow, great job." I sarcastically.

"Well you've got me." He said.

"Oh." I didn't know what to say to that.

"You're right, I've seen loads of people die and I didn't care. But when I saw you passed out on the floor, I felt scared. If you were to die, I would be sad."

"I guess I'd be sad too, since I wouldn't be able to see you if I was dead."

He moved over to the middle seat and put his arm around me.

"I'm sorry I'm always such a dick. I only know you from the mafia but you seem cool. Maybe we could see each other more, outside of work."

"That might be nice." I smiled.

He kissed me softly on the lips as the front door opened.

"Jeez Mello, she's just been to hospital and you're pouncing on her already."

"I'm not pouncing on anyone, Matt. Just shut up and drive."