Die For You

[AN - Sorry I haven't been on here, if anyone cares, well I know some of you awesome people care, Ty ily, I haven't time for anything but sleep lately, mmm sweet sleep. And chocolate, but if I don't stop eating that I won't be able to cosplay anymore. Eh anyway on with the story]

I'd been helping Mello out with the Kira case for a while, along with his friend Matt and SkyeCat0809 who had become a good friend of mine. Needless to say, I'd fallen for Mello and Krys had fallen for Matt, but we were both too coward to say anything. I didn't think Mello liked me though Krys thought he did, and she didn't think Matt liked her while I thought he did. The Kira case was our top priority for now anyway. At least it gave us a good excuse to keep quiet about our feelings.

Anyway, the guys had devised a plan and we both (Krys and I) had a bad feeling about it. As in a 'they're going to die if they do this' feeling. Both of us would rather die in their places so we had to step in. Krys went to talk to Matt while I went to see Mello.

"I want to do this instead of you," I told him.

"No, I have to be the one to do it."

"No you don't. You know there's a chance you might die, and the world needs you more than it needs me. You'll do great things with your future, I'll do nothing. So let me do this for you," I insisted.

"But you can't drive a motorbike."

"So teach me, it can't be that hard."

"By tomorrow?"

"Yes. Teach me right now."

"Ok...but there's no way I can teach you to drive a truck by tomorrow."

"Oh shit," I thought quickly. "Ok, I'll ride the bike and you still drive the truck. That way I can stay in the back and keep an eye on the hostage."

He nodded, "That's actually a good idea."

We sent the rest of the day riding his bike, he brought me to a deserted area and it was awesome fun riding with him behind me, his arms around me and his voice in my ear telling me what to do. There was no way in hell I was letting this guy die, I loved him. If I died tomorrow, this would be a great last memory.

*Timeskip to the next day*

I sat on Mello's bike waiting for my signal to go. Krys was taking care of Matt's job, she was thrilled she got to drive his car. I heard the noise of confusion and took off. I told Takada to come with me, Lidner told her it was ok. I think she recognised me from working with Mello, or she was just stupid, I don't know. Takada got on the bike and I drove off, handcuffed her and escaped her bodyguards. I drove into the truck and took my helmet off. I quickly put a balaclava on, so she wouldn't see my face, then pointed Mello's gun at her and told her to strip. I didn't give her a blanket until she was naked, though she asked. Not that I wanted to see her naked, but I had to be sure she wasn't hiding anything.

I heard on the news from the TV in the front, that Krys had gotten away ok. She could see better than Matt without his goggles, so she drove better and I assume also saw exits that he wouldn't have.

Mello drove the truck into a church and I got a bad feeling that was more than not liking church and religion. Or maybe it was just that Takada kept whimpering and it was irritating. I got out of the truck and locked the door behind me, then went to the front to tell Mello to come with me.

We stood outside the church.

"Well, you owe me," I said.

"Yeah, how much do you want?"

"I don't want money. I want, if it's ok, just to spend more time with you."

"Of course, I'll want you to keep working with me."

"No, not just for work, but for us to hang out. Like maybe we could be friends, or something."

"Friends or something," He nodded slowly. "Sure, that would be nice."

I held my hand out and he took it. We started to walk away from the church. He looked back over his shoulder.

"Wow, look!"

I looked back and saw the church was on fire.

"Without you, I would have been in there. I'm just glad you weren't though," He said.

"I'm glad we both weren't. Let's go celebrate with Matt and Krys."

[I feel sad now though, they shouldn't have died]