A Silly Little One Shot

I went to the library every evening in Wammy's House to read for relaxation. It was usually more or less the same kids there, but this evening there was a new face at the back of the room.

I knew who he was alright, he was number 2 in the rankings, the blonde chocoholic god known as Mello. He was usually seen studying rather than relaxing. I longed to talk to him but I knew he wasn't the easiest person to talk to. He was infamous for his rage.

Honestly, I wanted to do more than talk to him. But how to go about it? Well, I wasn't in Wammy's House for nothing, I should be able to come up a plan. I thought for about two seconds before deciding to go with the old cliche move and just wing it from there.

I stood up and walked to the back of the library carrying a pile of books. He was on my terrority here, if worse came to worse, well I hadn't planned that far ahead and I'd almost reached his seat.

I "accidentally" dropped half of the books on the floor right beside him, with an "Oops!" He scowled at me as I stood there looking helpless. I bent as if to pick them up, but dropped the rest of the books in the process.

"Could you make any more noise?" He hissed.

I blinked at him innocently.

"Are you going to help me pick them up?"

"Alright, if it will shut you up." He threw his hands up dramatically, then got up to help me, shaking his head at the inconvenience.

We both bent down at the same time and I didn't know what to do next, so I improvised and hit him with a book as we both straightened up.

"Why you cheeky little - "

"Sssh, you're in a library!" I hushed him placing a finger over my lips and received a smack of a book from him. I immediately hit him back with mine and as we attacked each other with books, we both started laughing.

"Y/N! Mello! Sit down!" The librarian warned us.

Mello pointed at the chair beside him and we quickly sat down together. He hit me under the desk with his book and I hit him back.

Then I went in for the kill. I leaned towards him and whispered.

"You know, you really shouldn't tease a girl like this, if you're gay or whatever."

"What! Who said I'm gay?"

"No one, I just assumed, I mean you look like that." I looked him up and down as he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Well I'm not!"

"Hmm, right."

He grabbed my arm, pulled me up and behind the nearest bookshelf, where he kissed me. I kissed him back and we made out for a while.

I smiled when we broke apart.

"I can't believe you actually fell for that, you idiot."

"Oh, so it was just a dare or a trick. You didn't really want to kiss me."

He looked so hurt and I felt awful.

"No, I wanted to, I just didn't know how to ask or something."

"Really?"

He looked at me pleadingly so I put my arms back around him and kissed him again. His hands creeped up to feel my chest. I was enjoying it but we were interrupted by a shout.

"Y/N! Mello! Stop that right now!" We broke apart again to face the shocked looking librarian.

"One week's detention for you both! And you'll sit at opposite sides of the library!"

Mello and I looked at each other and laughed.

"Make that two weeks detention! This is shocking behaviour! Report to Watari's office this instant."

We grabbed our stuff and left. Mello held my hand as we walked down the hall, still laughing. When we reached the office, he turned to look at me.

"I liked that. Maybe we could do it again?"

I nodded happily and he kissed me softly on the cheek before knocking on the office door.