Mellow (3)

Everything was as normal the following day. I was working away, minding my own business, when the building suddenly blew up. I kind of flew across the room and landed on the floor. I lay there saying my goodbyes to the world. I happened to be in a small room alone at the time, so had no idea how anyone else was. My last thought was of Mello as I prepared to die. I moaned his name right before I felt arms lift me up. I half opened my eyes and saw familiar lovely blonde hair. I was in Mello's arms. I wasn't sure if I was dreaming at this stage, it seemed like I'd summoned him. He was covered in blood and could hardly walk, yet he was carrying me out of there and away from the wreckage. He placed me on the ground outside and collapsed beside me as I passed out.

*Timeskip brought to you by Mello's bombs*

I woke up in a stange place, once again. I was lying on a different couch this time, but Mello was beside me like before.

"You're awake," He said.

"I know."

His face was half covered in bandages. The memories of the explosion came flooding back.

"Mello, where am I, and what the hell happened?"

"You're in my flat. Someone blew the building up."

"Yeah, I got that. But who?"

"Well, the police found the hideout." he explained.

"So they blew it up? Wow that's extreme."

"No, that was me," He said proudly.

I stared at him, he was deadly serious.

"You're fucking crazy."

"Yep," He grinned smugly and we both broke out laughing. "My friend Matt has been taking care of us. He's helping me continue with the Kira case, if you want in? You've no other job anyway, since the mafia is gone now."

"Stop making me laugh, it hurts!" I protested.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

"Yes I'm fine, and yes I want in."

"I'm glad you're ok," He said as he started eating chocolate.

"Mello, how many people are in the world?"

"Huh? I don't know, a lot. Like billions I guess."

"So billions of people in the world and I fall in love with Mihael fucking Keehl."

His mouth fell open, making his chocolate fall onto his lap. He stared at me with a mix of shock and horror. Jeevas, was I that freaking ugly that the thought really horrified him?

"How do you know my name?"

Oh...shit. That's why he was shocked.

"You...you know Kira? With the eyes?" He asked.

"Not exactly. Well, kind of."

His eyes widened like a bug, I couldn't help thinking he was still hot, even as I was in deep shit here. He pulled his gun out and held it against my head.

"Tell me everything right now. Everything!" He hissed. "I liked you, I even trusted you, and now I find out you know Kira?!"

"It's me who has the shinigami eyes. That's because...I am Kira."