Decapitated

I was working hard in my mafia job, actually that's a lie, I was reading a manga I had hidden in amongst all the files I was meant to be looking over. We'd been trying to find the same guy (head of a rival gang) for months now and it wasn't happening. I couldn't be bothered wasting more time on it when events at Cross Academy were far more interesting. (Vampire Knight)

My peaceful reading was rudely interrupted by the sound of screams from other areas of the hideout.

"Shut up!" I yelled but they didn't.

"For fucks sake," I threw my book down and went to see what was happening. "This had better be worth my lady boner over those hot twins."

I traced the noise of the screams along a corridor and towards the boss's private room. Everyone I passed looked horrified, like they'd just seen a shinigami or something. I walked up to the boss room and barged in. No one interrupts my reading like this. I was nosey by now too. So I walked in and Rod (bossman) was sitting in his chair with the same horrified expression. In front of him stood a blonde dude (I think) decked out in full leather. He noticed me staring.

"What are you staring at?! Do you think I'm ugly?!" He yelled, clearly offended.

"No, I don't think you're ugly but I think you're holding a human head."

I nodded towards the human head in his left hand.

"Oh this," He said casually, like he'd just forgotten about it. He dumped it in Rod's lap.

"Who are you?" I demanded, since Rod was rendered speechless.

He flipped his (beautiful) blonde hair and put his hands on his hips.

"I'm Mello, and I'm your new member," He declared.

"Gaaaaay," I thought.

"Yeah, that's not how it works here," Rod found his voice. "You can't just walk in and ask to join."

Mello took a hand off his hip and pointed at the head still perched on Rod's lap.

"That's the head of Mad Twatter, no?"

Rod looked and nodded. "Yes it is, could you fucking remove it?"

Mello grabbed the head and tossed it across the room. I held back a smile at how flippant he was.

"I didn't ask to join. I told you I'm joining, so I'm joining."

Rod looked at me, he seemed a bit lost.

"What do you think, Y/N?"

I looked Mello over, from head to toe.

"Impressive," I stated. "Look Rod, if he got Twatter's head, he obviously knows where the rest of the gang is. If you refuse him he'll put the blame on you and give them your location. You'll be dead meat."

"That's true, I guess," Rod frowned.

Mello gave him a scornful look.

"You're the boss here and you couldn't figure that much out?"

"I was distracted by the dead head on my lap."

Mello rolled his eyes and Rod looked annoyed but more embarrassed.

"Well, you can stay for now. Do you have any questions?" He huffed.

Mello looked at me before asking.

"Yeah, are you two dating?"

"What, that's your question?" Rod looked at him like he was mad.

Mello winked at me. "Just answer it."

"No, we're not," Rod replied with a sigh.

Mello nodded. "Right, well you're an idiot. I want to work with her."

He walked over to me, put an arm around me and pulled me to him.

"You don't mind, do you?" He asked me.

"No, that's fine," I looked into his eyes as I answered and my brain screamed "No HE's fine!"

"Is there a room where we can work together in private?" He asked.

"Oh just go and shag it out, or whatever you kids call it these days," Rod said, clearly done with us.

Mello held his arm out, "Shall we?"

I took his arm and led him to the room I'd been working in, where we were alone. He let go of my arm to have a look around.

"Oh but I don't really want to fuck you right now,"I said." I mean we don't even know each other."

(Not that that has stopped us in any of my other fics)

"That's ok. We'll be working together so we'll get to know each other. Maybe we'll like each other," He grinned.

"Oh, I actually have a date tonight," I said as I remembered.

"Oh..." His face fell and he turned away from me.

I checked my watch.  "But he's three hours late," I added.

"Oh!" He turned back towards me. "Well you look lovely, it would be a shame not to go out. I'd love to take you. Unless you're going steady with him."

"No one says that anymore," I laughed. "And no, it was a first date."

"Damn, well he's an even bigger idiot than that Rod guy," He shook his head.

"Ah he's a bit unhinged, you know."

[That's you, Ray]

"Oh, well I'm perfectly sane. Clearly."

"Yes, clearly," I laughed. "I'd be delighted to go out with you instead."

"THIS IS A GREAT DAY!" He screamed, startling me. "I joined the mafia AND got a hot date!"

I started to blush and he reached into his pants, like whoa there dude, but he just pulled out a giant bar of chocolate and offered me some.

"Um ok, thanks."

It's not everyday you meet a hot guy who shares chocolate with you from his pants...😉

[I love how my Mello stories just get more and more ridiculous 😂 Y'all shouldn't encourage me, I love you all!]

But do encourage me or Mello will be sad and lonely without me. Like this:

 Like this: