New Year's Mafia Party

It was New Year's Eve and I was at a party in the mafia hideout. I didn't want to be there but I'd had no choice, being told I was "obligated" to go. I had no other plans anyway and there was free drink at least.

I was enjoying my drink and ignoring all the asshats around me. I literally hadn't spoken a word in two hours, when I ran out of drink and suddenly spoke loudly.

"You know, I don't even like any of you."

The girl sitting closest to me burst out laughing and everyone else just looked at me oddly.

"Whatever, I need to use the bathroom."

I got up and walked off, but I didn't need the bathroom, plus I'd gone in the wrong direction anyway. I walked down a corridor and reached a dead end where I stood looking at the wall.

I heard footsteps behind me and a voice asked, "Do you not like me?"

"Oh shit," I thought.

I turned around slowly and Mello stood there with his perfect blonde hair and his perfect fucking everything.

"Um, I'll have to say that I do, since you're the boss here."

He took a step closer to me.

"Is that the only reason? You're just pretending to like me?"

"Um, I'm not sure," I kind of fell and tried to grab onto the wall but missed it. He reached out to steady me, taking another step closer.

"Why does he keep getting closer? Not that I mind, but..." I wondered in my thoughts.

Just then we heard yells of everyone shouting 'Happy New Year' from the main room.

Mello smiled. "Such perfect timing," He said, then leaned in and kissed me. I immediately wrapped my arms around him to keep him there as I kissed him back.

We made out for ages, and when we finally came up for air he whispered in my ear.

"You do like me, don't you?"

"Yeah, yeah I do. How did you know?"

"It was kind of obvious. I'm glad though. I like you too. Happy New Year Y/N."