In L.A. (1)

NSFW

[Warning - For pretty much everything - drug use, prostitution, underage sex, rape, self harm, death, abuse]

Though it's true what they say
That it's only a dream
And dream is a wish you wish for you
In L.A. the dream may come true

*Mello pov*

I walked out of Wammy's House on a whim at age 14, with nowhere to go. I'd said "I'll live my own way" but that didn't exactly work out.

I had some money, we got a small allowance in Wammy's which I usually spent on chocolate, but I'd been buying less chocolate and saving for months to buy Matt a new game for his birthday. Well I wouldn't get to celebrate his birthday with him now anyway. I felt a pang of sadness about leaving him, but I'd made my decision and I'd stick to it now.

I found a hostel to stay in for a while. I had to share with some strangers but I was used to sharing. They were ok guys anyway, no trouble. I used the internet a lot there, though it was a public computer and traceable so I had to be careful what I searched.

Matt had taught me some of his computer skills, and I managed to track down the leader of the mafia in LA. This guy, who went by the name Rod Ross, could be useful to me. I got in touch and it wasn't long before he invited me to LA to join his gang. He'd even pay for my ticket and a place to live. I felt I'd hit the jackpot. Thank Jeevas for Matt, he'd taught me how to prove exactly what I could do over the internet and now I had a plan and somewhere to go.

Rod organised my flights and a fake passport. As soon as the tickets and passport arrived at the hostel, I was out of there. I slept most of the journey, knowing I'd be too busy for much sleep when I arrived. I was going to win this case and beat Near, whatever it took. I'd have so much more help with the mafia on my side. It was perfect.

Some random guy met me at the airport and drove me to the mafia hideout. He didn't say much on the way there, just grunted a 'good luck' when he let me out.

Rod Ross was a big bald guy. He thanked me for coming and promised he'd help me with anything I needed. I detected a slight tone of amusement from him, but I ignored it. I'd made it here and I was going to do great things now. Fuck Wammy's House, I was better than that place.

I was shown to a small room and told to be at dinner with Ross in half an hour. I was also given some clothes, black leather pants and vest. I showered and changed into my new outfit. I grinned at myself in the bathroom mirror, I looked so fucking badass.

The meal was luxurious, steak and wine. Rod asked some more questions about me, my life and my skills. After desert of chocolate cake with extra chocolate sauce for me, he brought me to meet some of the others. They sat around a table playing cards and drinking, mostly men with a few women.

"Everyone, this is Mello I told you about. Mello, this is everyone. Be nice to him."

"I don't need being nice to." I scoffed.

"Ok, don't be nice to him. He's a tough one."

This earned a few laughs but I wasn't bothered. I'd show them what I could do. None of them seemed too interested in me, but I wasn't too interested in them either.

Rod brought me to another room where he told me stand at the wall, while he messed around with some camera equipment.

"I just need to take some photos." He smiled.

"Photos? No, not with the Kira case. I can't have my photos out in public."

"Don't worry, they're just for my own personal use. If you're going to make use of our resources I need some collateral. Insurance, you know? In case you sell us out."

"Oh, ok I guess."

He took some photos then told me to unzip my vest. I did but I objected to his next request.

"Take your pants off now. And your underwear too."

"No, I'm not doing that."

"Ok fine, don't."

He strode over to me, pinned me against the wall and pulled my pants down himself. I tried to cover myself but he grabbed my hands and held them away. He looked down at me, I felt so exposed, no one had ever seen it before.

"Huh. You're small but you'll do."

He took me by the shoulders, turned me around and ran his hand over my ass.

"Yeah, you'll do nicely."

He let go of me and handed my clothes back. I quickly got dressed while he spoke.

"We have some ground rules here. You won't be able to leave this building alone, only when someone brings you."

"What, but -"

"It's for your own safety. I don't want you getting kidnapped. You're going to be a very valuable asset. You'll get your days out, don't worry. We have security here so don't try to leave, you won't get anywhere."

I nodded. That made sense.

"You can go back to your room now. You'll start work tomorrow. Someone will be up to see you soon and help you settle in. Enjoy your night, Mello. I'm sure we'll all be very glad to have you here."

He smirked as he gestured for me to leave. I did so without a word and walked back to my room.