Ex Lover (1)

[Bff/N - Best friend's name]

A couple of weeks after Mello and I broke up, my friends made me go out for drinks. They were worried as they hadn't seen me since the break up.

The problem was, we always drank in the same place as Mello. Bff/N had come over early to help me get ready and make sure I went.

"You have to get back on the horse, Y/N."

"So you're saying I should ride him again?"

Bff/N literally spat her drink everywhere. I laughed hard despite my now wet floor [A/N - oh my good god lol]

"I missed you. Please don't ever desert me again." Bff/N pleaded, giving me a huge hug.

*Timeskip brought to you by the laces on Mello's pants*

[A/N - Goddamn him, fucking tease]

My friends were all delighted to see me and hugged me to death. We caught up over a few drinks, then I wandered off towards the ladies room. I was already tipsy so I took a detour and ended up in the vip area. The security guy knew me from being there with Mello so he let me in.

I walked to the far corner of the bar and stood where I could see Mello's gang without them noticing me. All the usual suspects were there. My heart stopped for a second when I saw my ex boyfriend. Tall, thin, blonde, dressed in leather and eating chocolate of course. He sat in his usual manner, legs spread, one leg up on the leather couch and his other knee bent to the side. His eyes lacked their usual sparkle, I guessed he was just bored, as he was the only one sitting alone while everyone else sat or stood in groups chatting.

I watched him for a few moments and despite my still broken heart, I couldn't help smiling at the familar concentration on his face as he ate his chocolate. I turned and tried to walk away but I was dizzy [A/N - As in stupid] and forgot where I was going. I managed to get lost making a journey of about two steps.

"Whaaaaa? Where's the exit gone?" I asked myself out loud.

I felt a hand on my arm and turned to face my blonde god. No, the blonde god, he wasn't mine anymore.

"Hey, are you ok? How come you're in here?"

"Oh, I was just waiting for someone." I tried to make an excuse.

"Oh? Who?"

"Oh uh, no one. I actually just wanted to see you. No, I needed to see you. I'm sorry, I'll just leave."

"Hey wait a minute. Are you ok though?" He stared into my eyes and I nodded, speechless. "Um, anything new? Still reading manga?"

"Yeah, I just got a whole load of new ones. Some yaoi and prison stuff."

"Oh, that's nice, I guess?"

"I miss talking about manga and anime with you." I admitted.

"Same. But I miss you more."

We stood in awkward silence.

"Oh, I got the new Death Note all in one volume too." I blurted.

"Aww I'm so jealous, I love that one."

"You can borrow it. I'd just bought and read the original series anyway so I'm good for now."

"But you'd just re-read the black editions!" He exclaimed.

I nodded and he laughed. "You're crazy." He smiled fondly at me.

"Yes. If you'll be here next weekend, I can bring it for you?"

He checked his watch. "I'm just about done here and it's almost closing time. I'll walk you home and wait at the door or whatever."

"Ok, that could work."