Burn Baby Burn (2)

We decided to have our pizza date that night. We were soon settled on the couch watching a movie, with pizza, diet coke and chocolate of course. I told him to sit on my left.

"Is that so you don't have to look at my face?"

"No, it's so I can cuddle up to you without hurting your side."

His expression changed from hurt to pleased. We'd spent a lot of time together over the last week. He'd dropped his guard around me now that he knew I liked and cared about him.

"Is your pizza good?" He asked.

"Pizza is always good."

A few minutes later I'd finished my pizza. I glanced at him as I stole his chocolate ice cream.

"Hey Mello, the tv is over there, not down my top."

"Oh, I wasn't...I mean, it's just...sorry."

I laughed. "It's ok."

"They're very nice."

"Well thanks. I'm glad you think so."

He was mortified and I was trying to hide my amusement. He was too cute. I turned to him a few minutes later.

"Mello, this movie is shit, why don't you kiss me instead?"

He switched the tv off and we made out for a while.

"Do you want to find something better to watch?" I asked when we came up for air.

"No, I'd rather get to know you better."

He pulled me onto his lap and we made out some more. He looked at me all serious when we pulled apart.

"Do you really still like me even now my face is like this?"

"Mello, of course. I like you, and I like your face, however it is."

I ran my hand through his hair.

"Look at you, Mello. You're so beautiful to me."

I was almost in tears. I hated that he was actually so insecure, despite his tough exterior.

He smiled and pulled me in close, we held each other in silence until my tears passed.

"I'm sorry you got hurt, but I'm happy to be here with you."

He squeezed me tight.

"I'm happy too. Do you want to sleep with me tonight? I mean actually sleep, not you know..."

"Yes, I do." I said, laughing.

We lay in his bed and talked until I fell asleep in his arms. As we kissed goodnight, I knew I was falling in love.