Mission (2)

He pulled me into a room as soon as we reached the hideout.

"I need to tell you something, Y/N. I'm expecting the police to raid us in the next day or two and I've set up explosives in case I need to threaten them."

"Right...and what's your escape plan before you set them off?" I asked.

"I don't have one. I may need to set them off while I'm still inside the building."

"What the fuck?"

"But it won't come to that, it's just a precaution. There's no way the police will let me do that, they'll still be inside the building too. I just had to let you know on the slight chance, also I want you to stay at home until this over."

"Why do you get to risk your life but I don't?"

"Because I'm the leader and I'm the one who brought the Kira case to the mafia, so it's my responsibility. I'm prepared to die but there's no need for you to risk your life. Just please trust me."

He placed his hands on my shoulders and kissed me, and I knew I had no choice.

*Timeskip*

I sat at home the next day, worried out of my mind. I tried to watch some anime and read manga but I couldn't stop thinking about him and hoping he was ok. I tried to get some rest but couldn't relax.

It wasn't too long before I heard a knock at the door and Mello calling my name. I rushed to open it and he staggered in, covered in blood.

"Oh my god, Mello."

"I'm fine, just got a little blood on me. I had to blow the place up, sorry." He collapsed on the sofa and I grabbed the first aid kit to sort him out.

We spent the following week at home, since we'd no job to go now, and I fell even more in love with him each day. Even with his face all bloody and scarred, he was the most handsome man I'd ever or would ever see.